Woman Gives "Her Right Arm!"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
This is why I don't have cable.

FOXNews.com - Woman Says Comcast Published Check for Her 'Right Arm' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

"PITTSBURGH — A western Pennsylvania woman who sent Comcast Corp. a check made out for "My Right Arm and Zero Dollars" is up in arms because she says someone from the cable TV company published a copy of the check on the Internet."

The best part is this.....

"A Comcast spokeswoman could not immediately explain its billing policies."

I frickin' hate the cable companies. Last Great Monolpoly in the US.

The province of BC set up a "photo-radar" program, they would send the registered owner of a car a photo of his car speeding by the camera, and a bill for $150.

Problem was, people started sending back a photocopy of $150 as payment... :twisted:

:) :) :)

Once read where a guy was so pissed at some utility company, he wrote out the check and mailed it in a jar of honey. Check was good but.... I think it went to court, don't know the outcome.

My economics teacher in HS mis-read a bill, and was something like four or five cents short. So they sent him another bill....for five cents. So, he wrote a check for $0.05, and included an invoice for cost of paper, cost of gas to get to post office, time to write check, cost of ink in pen, cost of postage stamp....he got pretty detailed, and by the end, the utility company owed him about a dollar. I can't remember if they sent it to him or just put the nickel towards his balance, but it was pretty funny.

Well, the next photo to the speeder...would be a pair of handcuffs to prompt payment...right?:D

No but there was another case where the guy's wife saw the photo radar ticket in the mail and was absolutely furious at him when he got home.

Apparently she wanted to know who the blond in the passenger seat in the photo was.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back