Women flew missions in WW2!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Soviet Woman was supposed to perform according to the Communist doctrine of the "women liberation". Gender equality was among the main principles of the ideology. On the one hand it created a new social lift for many talented women. Aviators were among them. On the other hand, it forced women into hard labor during the period of industrialization and, later, during WWII.

Female aviators were considered elite and were more or less protected by publicity. Hundreds of thousands of other women were less lucky and they shared all hardships of ordinary ground troop unit or the production line, working shifts of 12 hours and longer.
One of the saddest stories I read was about several girls who were executed near Stalingrad in 1942. They served as ground observers on the left bank of Volga and allegedly they missed the bombers raid. 18 to 22 years old, no training, no equipment, living in foxholes in the steppes...

Communist doctrine after the Soviet takeover was to use propaganda to create wedges in a society and to destroy a culture so that communist ideology could replace it. They weren't interested in 'feminism' or women's wellbeing. They were interested in power. Creating gender resentments was a way of doing that. Breaking down respect of tradition was a way of doing that. Most of the communist leadership were womanisers and philanderers of the worst sort. Mao had plenty of mistresses and women made available to him and Stalin did the same. Feminists were useful idiots. The femen were funded by George Soros for a while and even today the feminist leadership are paid puppet operators for higher up, whether it be corporations that want to turn women into high strung anxious creatures that suffer anxiety if they cant buy a new outfit and pair of shoes every fortnight or pose off about an overseas trip.

Gender equality is a nonsense. Women become rapidly infertile after 29 years of age, declining at a rate of approximately 10% per year until there is nothing left after about 40 in 95% of cases. How does that not change they way life must be run?

IQ research, if you dare look at the raw data, or find someone that does, tells us that male and female IQ distribution is different. Due to a 2 year latter puberty male IQ lags female at school for certain ages. Above the IQ of 145 there are up to 10 x more males. Nobel Laurates have and averasge IQ over 165 and there pretty much aren't women in this area. Larry Summers, the dean of Harvard made this observation and lost his job over it but its well known.

Last edited:
It might be worth mentioning that Rayna Kasabova of Bulgaria was the world's first female military pilot in 1912.
So women in military aviation is really not all that unusual.
Of course then, Bulgaria's air force (the world's oldest, by the way) was under the authority of a Tsar, not communism.

My friend Kathleen had barely a week in the Captain's chair of the EMB145 before she had her first all female crew.

Nice. Its a common thing here to have all-female crew aboard our regionals, Capt, F/O and hosties.

Here's your pin up! Lidya Litvak homage in a local air museum. Model made by SFX maker Weta Workshop.

48988701291_a1a780356b_b.jpg
Lydia

48988395013_5b9901e547_b.jpg
Yak and Lydia

48988643631_f16266ca92_b.jpg
Girls

Gender equality is a nonsense.
Above the IQ of 145 there are up to 10 x more males. Nobel Lauretes have IQ over 165 and there pretty much aren't women in this area.
Feminists were useful idiots.
I could make a comment or two about your ideology, but this forum is supposed to be about aircraft and history, not politics and ideology, and I've been warned too many times already, so I'll just let your words speak for themselves.
Cheers,
Wes

It makes sense to look in Wiki sometimes...
Just learned about this extraordinary lady.
Hazel Ying Lee - Wikipedia
WASP pilot who ferried Bell's aircraft.
"Lee quickly emerged as a leader among the WASPs.When asked to describe Lee's attitude, a fellow member of the WASP summed it up in Lee's own words, "I'll take and deliver anything." "
"One emergency landing took place at a wheat field in Kansas. A farmer, armed with a pitchfork, chased Lee around her plane as he was shouting to his neighbors that the Japanese had invaded Kansas. "
"Lee used her lipstick to inscribe Chinese characters on the tail of her plane and the planes of her fellow pilots. One lucky fellow who happened to be a bit on the chubby side, had his plane dubbed (unknown to him) "Fat Ass."

I'd be glad to have such a colleague on my team. As long as my ass is not fat. ;)

Of course then, Bulgaria's air force (the world's oldest, by the way) was under the authority of a Tsar, not communism.

A bit off-topic but how do you figure that Bulgaria has the world's oldest air force? From everything I can find, Bulgaria only had one operational unit, the First Aeroplane Section, which was part of the Bulgarian Army. Happy to be educated to the contrary but it sounds like Bulgaria was like most European powers in subordinating air power to army and navy command structures. It was still the Bulgarian Army Aviation Corps as late as 1920 when it was disbanded.

Far as I know, the RAF is the world's oldest air force - that is, independent of Army or Navy control, formed on 1st April, 1918, from the Royal Flying Corps (Army) , and Royal Naval Air Service.

Gender equality is a nonsense. Women become rapidly infertile after 29 years of age, declining at a rate of approximately 10% per year until there is nothing left after about 40 in 95% of cases. How does that not change they way life must be run?

IQ research, if you dare look at the raw data and find someone that does, tells us that male and female IQ distribution is different. Above the IQ of 145 there are up to 10 x more males. Nobel Lauretes have IQ over 165 and there pretty much aren't women in this area. Larry Summers, the dean of Harvard made this observation and lost his job over it but its well known.
So, a woman who isn't having kids is less of a person? You're starting to show your biases...

As for the IQ... Men, Women, and IQ: Setting the Record Straight
While men may have a more in the higher IQ scores, we also have a higher representation in the lowest scores, so we are both smarter and dumber than women.

So, a woman who isn't having kids is less of a person? You're starting to show your biases...

As for the IQ... Men, Women, and IQ: Setting the Record Straight
While men may have a more in the higher IQ scores, we also have a higher representation in the lowest scores, so we are both smarter and dumber than women.

One should be more skeptical of IQ scores. First, IQ tests weren't developed to measure intelligence*, but to guide teachers, and, second, the paper & pencil tests are known to have a high error rate. Incidentally, a formal, full-blown IQ test takes about two days with a specially trained examiner.

One should be more skeptical of IQ scores. First, IQ tests weren't developed to measure intelligence*, but to guide teachers, and, second, the paper & pencil tests are known to have a high error rate. Incidentally, a formal, full-blown IQ test takes about two days with a specially trained examiner.

Lets face it.

In reality both sex and race create both benefits and losses for everyone.

In sport most of the gold medal swimmers are white and most of the runners are black.

In music negro gospel music is in a class of its own. Most jazz greats are black and most opera singers are white.

In medicine some diseases are exclusive to one racial group and some races suffer from allergies that others do not.

In writing pick a genre and sub-genre and then google the top ten writers, in some genres the top writers are men and in others the top writers are women.

And at the end of WW2 one of the many post war analysis's of production found that in the aircraft factories women were far better welders than men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back