World Football (Soccer) Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can't get tickets unless you signed up for the lottery back in March. I don't have the time to fly to it either.

I think it will be a very close game, but I am going to call it a Bayern 2:1 win. This is just Bayerns year.

Probably going to go to Munich on the 22nd and watch the game live from the Aliance Arena. Should be a blast watching the game on big screens with 70,000 other fans.

Alright, tonight is the game of games!

At 2045 tonight in Madrid, Spain my team FC Bayern Munich will be squaring off with Inter Milan for the highest honor in Europe. The Champions League Championship!

What makes this really historical as well is that who ever wins it also wins a Triple, since both teams have one their respective leagues as well as the national cups. Man this going to be a great game!

Last edited:
Congrats to Inter Milan. You were the much better team tonight. Bayern did not play terrible, but the Milan defense was like a wall.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Thanks Bayern for the great year! See you next season.

Bayern had control ball for over 70% of the time. Inter really did deserve the win though. They pretty much had the best strategy.

Inters strong point is their defense, while Bayern's its midfield and offense. Basically Inter decided to use their defense to an advantage. They stayed back and covered their goal and made Bayern come to them. Then they were contra and score while the whole Bayern team was on the Inter side of the field.

Inter as also the more effective team. Bayern had more shots on goal than Inter, but Inter made their shots on the goal.

So yeah, well deserved win for Inter. Bayern will be back next year though!

Well the final test games in preparation for the World Cup have begun.

Here are the latest results (teams in bold are participating in the World Cup):

USA 2:1 Turkey
New Zealand 1:0 Serbia
Slovakia 1:1 Cameroon
Germany 3:0 Hungary
Honduras 2:2 Belarus
France 2:1 Costa Rica
South Africa 2:1 Columbia
Chile 3:0 Zambia
Uruguay 4:1 Israel
Republic of Ireland 3:0 Algeria
Spain 3:2 Saudi Arabia

Here are the latest practice games prior to the World Cup (again teams in bold are actually participating in the World Cup):

Mexico 5:1 Gambia
England 2:1 Japan
Nigeria 1:1 Columbia
France 1:1 Tunisia
Chile 3:0 Northern Ireland
Paraguay 2:2 Ivory Coast
Belarus 1:0 South Korea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back