World Football (Soccer) Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Take THAT away immediately man! I'm going to be sick... :lol: :lol:

ok, thats much better now !

mascote.jpg

NÊGA VÉIA ! huahuahuuahuhauha

Why do England play international football...

Although they aernt as useless as Scotland though. So not all bad.

Ingerland...ingerland.

4 wins from 4...can't be bad.

Even the Welshies did their best to stop the Germans...

Scotland...oh dear oh dear...hahahaha.

Germany and Wales is always a good game. For some reason Germany always has a problem when they play Wales.

Last night Germany actually played very well and dominated most of the game, but they could just not finish on them. The defence by the goal was pretty solid.

Oh well 1-0 is still worth 3 points...

Wales had no where to go and Germany couldn't break them down.

So pretty much a stalemate.

Just A shame that Wales didn't get anything for their hard work...but isn't that the way.

Wales had no where to go and Germany couldn't break them down.

So pretty much a stalemate.

Just A shame that Wales didn't get anything for their hard work...but isn't that the way.

I agree. I really hope that Wales can some how pull of 2nd place in the group and go to the World Cup. They play with such heart, I think they deserve it.

Had anybody heard this one ?

Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona has been unveiled as the manager of his national team.

Argentina's greatest ever player will be asked to inspire its latest generation

The 47-year-old's appointment was confirmed by Argentina's 1986 World Cup winning coach Carlos Bilardo, who will assist him as director of football.

"The idea is to return the squad to the spirit of 1986," said Maradona, who was widely credited with singlehandedly winning football's greatest trophy 22 years ago.

With no top level coaching experience, he has warmly accepted the help of his former coach.

"I am going to listen to everything Bilardo has to say. He is going to help me as we can't leave someone with the success, experience and knowledge he brings on the sidelines.

"My job will be to go and watch the players as often as possible," Maradona added.

Diego Maradona Named Argentina Manager: Football God Handed Vacant National Team Job | World News | Sky News

Honestly I dont know if we going to win something, but what a hell of the party !! :D :D :lol:

now the players will make more joint strategies and play next to the lines.

:D

im affraid the hope os f. america win the world cup will be chile, colombia, paraguay, venezuela...

forget brazil and argentina, 2 lame ducks !

C'm on Jug, Brazil will always put together a more than good team (and Argentina probably the same).

Ok, maybe will not be 'stellar' but even you can't pretend to have a Garrincha a Do Nascimiento or a Zico at every generation!

I think that you talking about Colombia and chile must be caused by:

a) some pale colombian podwer

b) spicy red hot pepper

Both things can altered your mind and make talk nonsence. So you are forgiven.

Victory against Scotland, good first half, not so good the second one.

SCOTLAND were left to count the cost of Diego Maradona's return to football as the Tartan Army turned deserters.
Just 32,492 of the self-appointed best supporters in the world bothered to turn up last night for Maradona's first match as Argentina boss.

And that was not even enough to cover the £800,000 it had cost the Scottish FA to bring Maradona's men to Glasgow.

The famous Hampden Roar was more of a murmur reverberating around the half-empty stadium as George Burley's men suffered yet another beating.

With 150 nations screening the match live on TV and almost 500 journalists in attendance, this was Scotland's big chance to show the world some passion.

Yet even Maradona's presence in the dugout could not inspire a nation who have now managed just one win their last nine internationals.

Burley's bosses at the Scottish FA had wanted him to name his team a day early in the hope of boosting ticket sales.

But Burley preferred to keep his line-up a secret for as long as possible. And no wonder.

For with the best will in the world, the likes of Kris Commons, Kirk Broadfoot and Chris Iwelumo were not going to cause any box-office stampedes.

Even Maradona admitted that he had almost given this one a miss after hearing that his daughter Giannina had suffered complications with her pregnancy on the eve of the game.

Star striker Sergio Aguero, who just happens to be the child's father, was given permission to fly home to Madrid to be at her side.

And Maradona had to be talked out of joining him on the flight out of Glasgow to the Spanish capital

He had claimed before the game: "I am here with a lump in my heart."

Not good news for a man who almost died of cardiac problems four years ago.

Most of the pre-match interest had centred on whether Maradona would shake hands with Scotland assistant manager Terry Butcher.

As it turned out, former England defender Butcher could not bring himself to forgive the man who had cheated his way to victory in the 1986 World Cup quarter-finals against the Three Lions.

Advertisement

The general consensus among Scots was that Butcher should get over it and stop moaning about the past.

Which was a bit rich coming from a nation still going on about the Battle of Bannockburn.

How Scotland could have done with a defender of Butcher's calibre last night as they were taken apart by an Argentina team clearly out to impress their new boss.

It took the South Americans just eight minutes to carve Scotland open.

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez and Newcastle midfielder Jonas Guttierez combined to tee up Atletico Madrid's Maxi Rodriguez for the first goal of Maradona's reign.

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano and Napoli's Ezequiel Lavezzi almost increased the lead before the 'Bravehearts' finally crossed the halfway line.

Birmingham striker James McFadden let fly and his shot was deflected over by Martin Demichelis.

Four minutes before half-time, McFadden even had the chance to level when he pounced on a Demichelis error but fired straight at keeper Juan Pablo Carrizo.

Yet even without Lionel Messi and Juan Pablo Riquelme, Argentina were still able to stroke the ball around like it was a training match.

Maradona, still revered in this part of the world for his 'Hand of God' goal against England, had scored his first international goal at Hampden.

Now, 29 years later, he was back to launch his career as an international manager.

At his first Press conference on Tuesday he had been welcomed like a returning king. But the treatment some of his men received last night was not quite so cordial.

Scotland, quickly realising that they could not match their opponents for skill, opted for putting the boot in.

Spurs defender Alan Hutton set the tone with a shoulder-high challenge on Emiliano Papa before clattering into former Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze.

Tevez was just as unhappy at being hacked down by Rangers' Barry Ferguson and then clattered from behind by Gary Caldwell.

And captain Mascherano reacted angrily to another late challenge from Commons in a match which was anything but friendly.

Yet it seems that no one has told Maradona that the likes of Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez don't expect their stars to suffer for their country.

You can only imagine the air turning blue in the Ferguson household last night as he watched Scotland kicking lumps out of Tevez with no sign of a substitute for his suffering striker.

Maradona might have fought some tough battles in his time but it is a fair bet that he has never experienced anything like an irate phone call from Fergie before.

STAR MAN: Carlos Tevez (Argentina)

SCOTLAND: McGregor 7, Hutton 5, Caldwell 6, McManus 5 (Berra 5), Broadfoot 5, Brown 6 (Alexander 5), Ferguson 6 (Robertson 5), Hartley 5 (Maloney 5), Commons 5, McFadden 6 (Clarkson 5), Iwelumo 5 (Miller 5). Subs not used: Marshall, Naysmith, Barr, McAllister Booked: Caldwell, Robertson

ARGENTINA: Carrizo 6, Zanetti 7, Heinze 7, Demichelis 6, Papa 5 (Diaz 5), Rodriguez 7 (Sosa 4), Mascherano 7, Gago 6, Gutierrez 6 (Gonzalez 5), TEVEZ 8, Lavezzi 6 (Denis 5) Subs not used: Romero, Coloccini, Villagra, Burdisso, Lopez, Montenegro.

REFEREE: Felix Brych (Germany) 5

2zrexs9.jpg

The mullet king is happy :)

defeating Scotland is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Hand of God....I remember that game and that was first class cheating. Who said cheating gets you no where....

Now England beating Germany....

The England/Germany game was boring.

Both sides were not fielding a starting team, and neither really took the initiative I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back