Wright brothers' witnesses. Recent discovery!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;

Never sure if that's Welsh or your fingers got stuck on certain keys!

'(Ancient) Land of my Fathers'....another great tune.

Cheers

Steve

Never sure if that's Welsh or your fingers got stuck on certain keys!

'(Ancient) Land of my Fathers'....another great tune.

Cheers

Steve
I worked in Germany with a Welsh guy called Llewellyn, he renamed himself "Smith" after a few hours of trying to tell people how to spell "Llewellyn".

I'm sure it's truly majestic, but came through like gibberish on my smart?phone.
Cheers,
Wes
If you like sport, set a date in your diary for Wales versus France in the Rugby six nations next year or google it when you have a decent sound system. In Wales there are only two worthwhile activities for men that is playing Rugby and singing. Their sporting supporters actually do sing not shout.

My ex-wifes, Godmothers, mother is Welsh, hows that for a chain of relationship. And she spoke Welsh often at home with her husband. First time I heard it I rushed around to perform the Heimlich maneuver certain she was choking horribly on something. Oh that was a tad embarrassing. Never trust a language with a placename like
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll

I mean really now, that just sounds wrong! Or you could go with this one:

800px-Llanfair_PG.png

Seriously? What language thinks that is cool and acceptable. :lol::mrgreen:

Letter written by Octave Chanute, on January 19, 1908. He believed that the Wrights controlled their machines by "shifting the weight"!!!

This belief of Chanute demonstrates he did not know too much about the construction of the Wrights' planes. His value as a witness is close to zero.

1908-01-19
, Octave Chanute, "Letter to W. Wright", Chicago, January 19, 1908.

"... I was asked by a Chicago newspaper for my opinion of the Farman performance and I enclose the result. I suppose that the Voisin design was based upon a description by Fordyce of the photographs which you showed him of your machine in the air, but that he is no further ahead than you were in 1904. Danger, however, looms up from two communications in the last Aerophile (December). One from Goupil, which is weak, and one from a Mr. Lucien Doudin (don't know about him) who has tumbled to the idea that centrifugal force must be overcome and proposes four methods, while he recommends "shifting the weight." I have believed for the last 18 months that this is what you do, but forbore from asking questions. Let me know if I am wrong ?1 ..."

1908-01-27, Wilbur Wright, "Letter to Octave Chanute", Dayton, January 27, 1908

"... You are quite mistaken as to the matter of shifting of weight in our machines. We do not shift weight. We combine right and left wings of variable inclination with means of preventing movement about a vertical axis. ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back