WW 2 Navy Album

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice shots. Regarding the Invader, would one figure that Mosquito sized markings could be used?

Good find. I wonder how many of these treasures end up in landfill.

Andy, my dad ran the municipality incinerator and the odd person would give him uniforms, helmets, badges etc.(long since gone) so you imagine what went in undetected when people cleaned out deceased relatives attics and garages. My brother found King George $50s and $100s rolled up in an old 10 gallon oil can totalling just over $14,000

F7F tigercat

f7f.jpg

F4U Corsair
f4u.jpg

PB4Y
Consolidated PB4Y Liberator 1.jpg
Consolidated PB4Y Liberator 2.jpg
Consolidated PB4Y Liberator 3.jpg

The USS_Saipan (CVL-48) Commissioned eleven months after the close of World War II, Saipan trained student pilots out of Pensacola, Florida from September 1946 to April 1947 when, reassigned to Norfolk, Virginia as homeport, she departed the Gulf of Mexico; participated in exercises in the Caribbean.

The USS Ranger spent most of World War II in the Atlantic Ocean Ranger saw combat in that theatre and provided air support for Operation Torch. In October 1943, she fought in Operation Leader, air attacks on German shipping off Norway. The ship was sold for scrap in 1947

I looked up the PBM coded RP, it was based at Banana River Florida.
The NAS photos look like Florida.

So the guy was: Post War-about 1947-1949, East Coast carrier, spent time in Florida-NAS Banana River

Last edited:
They're wonderful photos.
Just out of interest, can you read the serial number of the PB4Y-1 (E 52) in the original photo?

Juanita

Users who are viewing this thread

Back