WW1 the eBay finds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Certainly, that's a British Mk.IV Female tank captured by Germans. And that's not the year 1915 because the Mk.IV tanks were introduced in October 1917. Germans captured many Mk.IV tanks after the Battle of Cambrai in late 1917 and repaired a number of the tanks for servicing under the German flag. It looks like it is one of them. The digit in circle in front of the German Cross at the side is "4" what may indicate the next number. Secondly, the tank seems to be weraing the camo that consisted of the Ocker (ochre), Feldgrau (green) and Braun (brown) colours. That also indicates the 1917 or even later because the set of paints was introduced just in 1917.

Agreed. However the 15 tanks used at the Flers-Courcelette on 15th September 1916 were the Mk I but not the Mk.IV. Anyway both types were used later than the 1915.

I see.

I should have started my post with "Agreed. What is more, ... " than with "Agreed. However ...". I get older ...

N6358 Sopwith Camel 6 Naval Squadron James Henry Forman , he was shot down and captured on the morning of 4 September 1918. On that day, Forman's flight of twelve Camels engaged Bruno Loerzer, Albert Lux, Fritz Classen, Erich Buder, Otto Fruhner and other members of JG III. Only four Camels made it back to the aerodrome. It was the largest single loss of the war by a Camel squadron. World War I Aircraft Serial Numbers

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A7181 Bristol F.2b 22 Squadron named New Foundland 2Lt RS Gilbert Lt R I V Hill captured beute World War I Aircraft Serial Numbers
Took off 8.25am victory claimed at 10.15am by Lnt H Viebig of Jasta 57 aken pow on 11-10-1917 near Bovekerke, Cox & Co's listings has them both repatriated in January 1919.. Lt RIV HILL/ 2Lt RS GILBERT

N1324 Nieuport 11 Escadrille N35 World War I Aircraft Serial Numbers
The ultimate endorsement. After managing to bring down Nieuport 11 N1324 intact on 1 July 1916, Oblt Kurt Student had a synchronized LMG 08 machine gun installed and the French markings overpainted in a light colour with a crossed swords fuselage motif. He then used the Nieuport to supplement his Fokker E IV at Leffincourt. Nieuport fighters over Verdun II

Jasta 17

1. Foto WK1 Jasta 17 Feldflugplatz in Frankreich Beute Flugzeug X11 | eBay
  2. Foto WK1 Jatsa 17 Beute Flugzeug der Franzosen Doppeldecker X9 | eBay
  3. Foto WK1 Jasta 17 MG Französisches Beute Flugzeug Doppeldecker X9 | eBay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread