WWII famous Aces and their girls.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soundbreaker Welch?

Tech Sergeant
Feb 8, 2006
Colorado, USA
Anybody got a picture of Gabby Gabreski and his wife?
Or George Welch and his wife?

I think we all know what Dick Bong's girl looked like.

Anybody else got pics of famous pilots and their girlfriends or wives?

Here's the best scan for the photo size I could do. This is Kay and Gabby's wedding.
kay.jpg

Gabby and his wife are a cute couple. Poor guy, decided to put duty to his country before coming home to his girl. Flew one last flight when he didn't hae to. Got his P-47 busted up and had to sit in prison a while before coming back home and tying the knot.

There are some pictures in Flight Journal's special addition (Jan14) P-38 Lightning, of Dick Bong and Margie. I flew with Dick in the Flying Knights Squadron and he wasn' t a big talker but did have Margie's picture on his P-38. I also knew and flew with Tommy McGuire and he was quite a talker and quite outgoing. There are some pictures of both Dick and Tommy in my book "Tales of a War Pilot ," or " War Pilot" on e-book. P-38 Vet.

There are some pictures in Flight Journal's special addition (Jan14) P-38 Lightning, of Dick Bong and Margie. I flew with Dick in the Flying Knights Squadron and he wasn' t a big talker but did have Margie's picture on his P-38. I also knew and flew with Tommy McGuire and he was quite a talker and quite outgoing. There are some pictures of both Dick and Tommy in my book "Tales of a War Pilot ," or " War Pilot" on e-book. P-38 Vet.

Welcome, it's an honor to have you here. Have you read the book "Peter 38"? When were you in the 9th?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back