X-Planes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

but stealth planes aren't invisible to the human eye, we had the power to fly almost 24 hour patrolls over Me-262 bases so chances are we'd be doing the same with the X-planes...............

What about the Arado 234 Blitz? That was the first Jet Bomber, and could have changed the war around, had it been introduced in, say, 1943 as opposed to 1944.

It was a good plane, the Arado, and was also used for recce.

I think the only way it could have changed things is if it was considerably early, for instance at the start of the war or during the BoB.

Attachments

• ghosts_csg008_curtiss_p-40n_warhawk.jpg
    ghosts_csg008_curtiss_p-40n_warhawk.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 952
i made a little mistyke and posted those pics in nose art, insted black and withe :lol: ,

Attachments

• p4y_privateers_4plane_formation.jpg
    p4y_privateers_4plane_formation.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 902
the lancaster kicks ass said:
they're privateers i believe?? they don't look much like B-32s...................

Who on Gods sweet, green earth said they were B-32's :confused:

no one, i'd narrowed it down to the possibility that they were either privateers or B-32s, i was just saying that out of the two i'd narrowed it down to i didn't think it was the B-32................

There were many secret planes. Many of them were innovative in the fact that they were years ahead of there time and many led to aircraft that are now in service with modern airforces. One project that stands out for me is Junkers aircraft that never made it past the drawing board. It was to be powered by 2 Daimler Benz DB007 turbojets and looks just like the A-10 Thunderbolt in service today with the USAF. This aircraft was found in a book called Luftwaffe Secret Projects by Dieter Herwig and Heinz Rode. It is a great book and covers many types of X-planes, most of which never made it past drawing board. Imagine if they had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back