XB-70 valkyrie vs B-1B lancer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

what kind of plane is that
1625610860655.png

maybe but i want a supersonic bomber in sercive

I'd rather have stealthy loiter capability. Supersonic burns fuel like a mad dog, and the speed requirement minimizes ammo as even with internal weapons you must balance payload against fuel, space-wise.

When you couple subsonic stealth heavy-bombers with a radar-suppressive strike package, you get a long-range bomber that carries a lot of PGMs, can hang out to look for trouble, and deliver munitions with incredible accuracy.

And yeah, deterrence is best handled by SSBNs.

Last edited:
I'd rather have stealthy loiter capability. Supersonic burns fuel like a mad dog, and the speed requirement minimizes ammo as even with internal weapons you must balance payload against fuel, space-wise.

When you couple subsonic stealth heavy-bombers with a radar-suppressive strike package, you get a long-range bomber that carries a lot of PGMs, can hang out to look for trouble, and deliver munitions with incredible accuracy.

And yeah, deterrence is best handled by SSBNs.
ill agree to disagree i still hold true to my idea

ill agree to disagree i still hold true to my idea

All good and well, but the marketplace doesn't seem to agree, and I'm not talking the thread here, but air forces. There are maybe five who could produce something like that now (US, Russia, China, UK, and France), but none of them see fit to. Wonder why? That old bugbear, the cost-benefit analysis.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. One of my favorite prop planes nowadays is the XF-12. I love it because it had great performance for its era and simply looks beautiful. However, like the XB-70, it was the last of its line precisely because it was supplanted by better equipment, or in the case of the XB-70, stuff with a better cost-benefit analysis

All good and well, but the marketplace doesn't seem to agree, and I'm not talking the thread here, but air forces. There are maybe five who could produce something like that now (US, Russia, China, UK, and France), but none of them see fit to. Wonder why? That old bugbear, the cost-benefit analysis.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. One of my favorite prop planes nowadays is the XF-12. I love it because it had great performance for its era and simply looks beautiful. However, like the XB-70, it was the last of its line precisely because it was supplanted by better equipment, or in the case of the XB-70, stuff with a better cost-benefit analysis
i just really like the xb-70 and hate it went out like it did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back