Yahoo!!!! Sentimental Journey!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I had been the first to catch that!!! Oh well, Everyone has an opinion.
Just like the arguement between the Anton and the Dora, Which the Dora won handily, if I remember correctly........

If you think that's funny, check out post #20 on the "Heinkel 111 or SM 79" thread. Funny stuff.

This forum can be a real knee slapper.

What an AMAZING experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's one I'll tell my grandchildren about!
The cockpit is much smaller than I imagined. Everything was. The crews that flew those things must have been scrawny little runts!
I entered through the front, just behind the navigator's station, got a good look at the Bombardier's station,and crawled up between the cockpit and the top turret. That's where my trouble started. I'm a big guy. 6'5", and 400#.
From the cockpit/top turret area, the walk through proceded through the bomb bay via the cat walk. I couldn't squeeze through the bomb bay.
I had to go back out the way I entered, which wasn't easy, having to squeeze past a few people while going against the flow of "traffic".
Once I made it out, I walked around to the rear, and entered on the starboard side, aft of the waist gunners. This was the exit for the walk through, but my escapades in the forward area caused a break in the "traffic" so I could enter and go forward with no problems.
I got some real good shots of the ball. All I can say is the men that flew the ball had to be the bravest men in the world!!!
There was one old man there, who was a B-17 top turret gunner, and was shot down over france. He had a few stories to tell, and always had an audience around him. I was going to talk to him, but I could tell that he was getting tired. He said he was 84, and all the attention was taking it's toll on him.
I took 44 pictures. I'll post a few on my photobucket account, unless this site is capable of hosting them.

i said n00b, there's a difference ;)

and sounds like you had a good time, i wish i could get inside a lanc... that being said i have tons of walkthrough pictures..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back