YAK-3,5,OR 9 SCALE

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WAYNE WORTHY

Recruit
May 31, 2007
:rolleyes: IF ANY BODY COULD HELP ME FIND PLANS FOR A YAK FIGHTER PLANE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A R C MODEL OF THIS PLANE. THANKS WAYNE WORTHY.

So, what kind of plans do you need? For a model or for an aircraft.And Yak 5 - you have meant the Yak 7,haven't you.

:oops: LET ME EXPLAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A SCALE R\C MODEL OF A RUSSIAN FIGHTER CALLED THE YAK. I UNDERSTAND THER WERE 3 OR 4 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF IT. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.THANKS, WAYNE.

Hallo Wayne W !!!
Shortly,the Yakovlev's WW2 Yak fighter series was started by I-26 ( later called Yak-1) prototype.This aircraft was built as the answer to the Kreml's requests for the new fighter according to the Russian experience gathered in Spain War. I-26 would have been a "mixture" of Supermarine Spitfire and Messerschmitt Bf-109 ,the best fighters in western Europe.Equipped with M-105 engine was flown the first time in 1939.In December 1940 the names of the Russian planes were changed.From that time all names of aircrafts started with the first letters of the constructors' surnames.So the I-26 became YAK-1 ( Yakovlev-1).During the WW2 which started for Russian on 22'nd June of 1941, the Yakovlev's Design Bureau (OKB no. 115) developped the serie that at the end of WW2 consisted of Yak-1,Yak-1M,Yak-7,Yak-7A,Yak-7B,Yak-7W,Yak-7UTI,Yak-7D,Yak-3 and Yak-9 serie.All the planes were very similar to each other.The difference were in engines, armament, dimensions.Yakovlev used for their construction non deficit materials ( wood etc...).The exception was Yak-3 which was of metal. That's all mate.

:oops: LET ME EXPLAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A SCALE R\C MODEL OF A RUSSIAN FIGHTER CALLED THE YAK. I UNDERSTAND THER WERE 3 OR 4 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF IT. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.THANKS, WAYNE.

Hi Wayne. No need for the blushing smiley face. The Yak-5 existed. Some books describe Yakovlev's I-28 high altitude intercepter of 1940 as the Yak-5. Green and Swanborough's 'The Complete Book of Fighters' being one. The Yak-5 designation was reserved for the I-28 for a possible series version. In the end the Yak-5 designation went to a mediocre looking tandem seat trainer of 1944. Happy building. Let us know what you decided on.

Hi Wayne. No need for the blushing smiley face. The Yak-5 existed. Some books describe Yakovlev's I-28 high altitude intercepter of 1940 as the Yak-5. Green and Swanborough's 'The Complete Book of Fighters' being one. The Yak-5 designation was reserved for the I-28 for a possible series version. In the end the Yak-5 designation went to a mediocre looking tandem seat trainer of 1944. Happy building. Let us know what you decided on.

Greame is right.However,I-28 was designated simultaneously with I-26.The differences were in a landing gear, a water cooler, a longer cockpit conopy and full metal tail rudders.Its wings had a smaller wingspan.Their armament was the same.I-28 was powered by M-105PD engine equipped with V.A.Dollezal's supercharger.The tests of the plane were performed at the beginning of 1941.There were built two prototypes of I-28 only.Some of technical solutions that had been used for this aircraft were later adapted for Yak-7 and Yak-9.In 1943 the Yakovlev's OKB came back to the conception of this plane as its development and it was named Yak-9PD.

There some links to Yakovlev's fighters sites :

Yakovlev Aircraft
Yak Piston Fighters
Yak piston fighters
yak - there also some easy Yak-9 drawings.
Yakovlev
Yak-9 T
Yakovlev Yak-3

There some drawings of Yak well-known WW2 fighters that can be useful for you Wayne W.I hope I was helpful.

Source: Моделист-Конструктор 1975/1976.

Attachments

• yak_1.rar
    240.5 KB · Views: 110
  • yak_3.rar
    518.6 KB · Views: 103
  • yak_7.rar
    223.7 KB · Views: 107
  • yak_9.rar
    247.4 KB · Views: 108
  • yak_9_mk7605.rar
    429.4 KB · Views: 101