Yesterday

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cota1992

Senior Airman
Jan 21, 2007
Brunswick, MD
I always try to have my pocket digital on me and although I was in a lot of pain I always try to have fun with it when it's all over, Hell I already paid for it so I might as well have fun with it, right?
My only question, not just with this board, but with about everyone I know, what the hell is the deal with everyone's health and 2008????
Harken back to yesterday...

Riding in a BCC ambluncace through traffic but being too sick to take the photo of Engine-20 chasing us Emergerncy! style through my feet and the back window as we roared through through traffic with two sexy papramedics treating me...almost cool but really dissappointed I didn't get the shot.

Seeing the paramedics faces change when I started ralphing blue popsicles in the back of the ambo and screaming like a bitch and flipping around like a fish out of water while watching Animal Planet in the hospital room while I tried to keep it under control and failed until I got my painkillers...NOT COOL.

Seeing the first real smile of surprise in months on the love of my life's face due to me walking out being realeased under my own power as soon as she walked up after work made trying to piss a M-16 bullet sized kidney stone all worth it and I'd almost do it again today to see that smile but just almost-once a week is enough...

Attachments

• kidneystone017.jpg
    kidneystone017.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 141
  • kidneystone008.jpg
    kidneystone008.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 156
  • kidneystone014.jpg
    kidneystone014.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 151
  • kidneystone015.jpg
    kidneystone015.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 148
Yep, had one of those evil bsturd Kidney stones a few years ago. Worst pain in my life and I've had more than my share of serious injuries.
Glad you are better. It's quite a relief when you pass that stone too isn't it?

Yeah sadly enough I have had a few dozen of the damn things. Worst pain ever, including having a horse roll on me and having a bull crush a femur.
I was about to get those attendant photos when I started puking with no warning, sitting backwards in pain some how makes me car sick when you got Tony Stewart up there running through traffic (Note if you wind up in Northwest DC or Montgomery County MD stay out of these rigs way, they stop for nothing...and have enough lights and sirens on each one for God's own motorcade)
But hey they got me to the pian killer shot in good time and very very nice even when they were cleaning me up...good people!
Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad - Montgomery County, Maryland - Rescue, Fire, EMS, Volunteer, R1
Art in DC

Damn that sucks man. I have never had a kidney stone and I pray that I never get one. Glad your feeling better now though!

You are not lieing about health and 2008 though! I have a pinched nerve in my back right now. That **** sucks.

Man, Ive known a few people who went through em while I was with them.... I pray to God and drink Green Tea so I hope I never get one...

Oh and BTW, getting stung by a Ground Wasp in the pinky toe will make the toughest man writhe in pain with no wind in his lungs.... I was absolutely astounded at the amount of pain.... Dropped me to the ground while I was squeezing the hell out my ankle to try and stop the venom from going up any further.... The intensity lasted a good solid 20 minutes....

And Ive ruptured both my ear drums, TWICE, so I know what pain is all about... Getting shot hurts less....

Everyone Ive talked to says that a stone/s is the most pain theyve ever endured while conscious, and I believe them, and u Cota...

Thanks, I'll take your word for it on the wasp, I don't want to find that one out at all. Thanks for all the well wishes. Adler, I hope that your back gets better soon, mine's never been the same since having my horse ride me down a slide onetime up in the mountians. Didn't even know I broke it until a few years later when the Xray guy wanted to know why I didn't didn't tell him I had a broken back.
Of course I said in all my wisdom "What broken back?"
I forgot to mention that the ambo photo was taken after my release and not before, tey were back with another load when I came out so I grabbed it.
Stay safe every one, I'm ready for 2009 already!
Art

Sorry Cota. Hope you get well.

Les, I've had an anal fissure. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Blubbered like a baby. And once in the hospital for surgery, I yanked my drawers down for the insurance lady. I kid you not. I wanted fixed. Bad!

As a four time veteran of kidney stones, I feel your pain. People say that's the closest a man will ever get to feeling labor pains. Well, I call BS on that. I've talked to women who have had kids and stones and they ALL say they would rather have triplets than have kidney stones. See, labor pain hits, then goes away, hits, then goes away.

The last stone I had and before I passed it, it started to move about 7:00 pm. About 11:00pm it had not let up. After 4 UNGODLY HOURS OF TORTURE, I drove myself to the hospital, stopping every other block to open the door to throw up from the pain.

I get there and they obviously see me in pain and know right away what the problem is. BUT, the problem is they need proof before they can give me medication so I have to give them a urine sample. Do you think I could pee? HELL NO. So I lay there for about 2 more hours until 1:30 am, still in pain before I could go. They get the sample and give me the most wonderful pain shot at 2:00 am.

Yes, 7 freakin hours straight of constant pain that put me face down in the carpet just begging for it to stop.

Cota, drink LOTS of cranberry juice or take a cranberry concentrate pill to flush the kidneys. Trust me boys, you don't wish this on your worst enemy and I won't even make a joke about Lucky. These are bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back