Your ideal 'faction' via death or promtion?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Would Germany have come out of the depression as strongly as it did under Hitler's rule though? This is the guy that turned a destroyed country into a world power. Not anyone can do that. It would have been interesting/wonderful to see if Hitler wasn't ever around to screw things up.

Germany was in shambles because of the depression and mostly because of the Versaille Treaty. The Treaty of Versaille condemned and sealed the fate for WW2 to happen.

If Hitler had not come to power someone else would have taken his place and done the same thing. Maybe not started the Holocaust but deffinatly would have led Germany into WW2.

Haha, Hitler the artist- there's an outcome everyone would enjoy.

I disagree, Adler. The charisma he displayed in bringing a broken nation together is not easily matched. Perhaps someone could have helped the country rebuild, but where is the logic in fixing a torn nation to throw it back into war so soon? I can't believe that's a choice many would make. While the Treaty of Versailles was economically tough I don't think it set the stage for a world-conquering crusade.

The Versaille Treaty with its very harsh unrealistic terms as well as taking land away from Germany (who mind you did not start WWI) set the stage for WWII. Many historians even consider WW2 and continuation of hositilities from WWI.

I would agree with you there. The Treaty may have left hostilities, but the system needed a spark to end up at war, and Hitler is one of the few figures that I believe could pull it off.

There were eneogh crazy people like Hitler in Germany at the time. I do agree though now that I think about it more that the likely hood of them coming to power was probably not that likely. Hitler pretty much brought those crazies out of the wood works.

Werner Molders never killed in that accident in November 22, 1941. Hermann Goring died of an heart attack in shortly after instead. How and would it have any affects on the Luftwaffe? Who would replace who? Would we have seen more projects come of the drawing board? Those that did, would they have done so earlier?

Germany.
If Goering was kaput, then have Milch - he had the drive and tenacity to get things done.
France.
If before Germany attacked - Laval had a fatal accident, would French resistance last longer and be more effective?
Britain.
Considering all his later back biting, wouldn't it have been better if Leigh-Mallory was not the Commander of 12 Group for the Battle of Britain? With his Army Co-operation experience wouldn't he be well qualified to be in command of the RAF contingent in France in 1940!? And how would that be different as a result?
Any comments in reply need to be quick - I won't see them otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back