Your War Thunder in game names

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
I figure, if I want to fly with anyone good, those people would definitely be on this forum. This thread should be used as a way to meet people on the forum in the game.

I'm MacArther or macarther. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with the name. If you add me, I'll add you.

GingahNinja...just like my forum name.

Lvl's 11 in US, 10 in German, 8 in UK and Japan and 7 in RU.

Add me, but I'm not on as often as I'd like.

Unfortunately, the PS4 and other consoles run a different version than PC. This means we can't duel to the death in the air.

Patch 1.37 once it's released will be cross platform between PC and PS4.

Also Alex the ramming will become fewer as you start to learn to the game and when others do too. I can give you one good tip. To avoid a head on collision, shot at 1.2km to .7km away. Anywhere within that range. After a quick 1-2 second burst (depending on your distance) break off by either A: climbing or B: diving. Once you gain a little more skill in the game that A/B decision becomes a little easier depending on multiple factors IE: plane being used, energy retention, current energy state and the opponents plane. If you have any questions on the game let me know as I have been playing since patch 1.25 and have gone through a bunch of the "grinds" this game makes you go through.

How is everyone liking the new 1.37 patch?

So far I've loved it. It's a little bit more difficult to rack up those awesome games with long kill streaks or even ace in a game, BUT it has brought me back to loving the "grind" to get that next plane.

Recently I have found that the P63-A5 is actually very good now in game. I had difficulties with it in earlier patches but the next matchmaking allows this plane to really perform nicely. Also I had played in a "Realistic Battle" in my P63 against the UK's Typhoons and Spitfire MkVb's and managed to get 4 air kills and 11 ground kills in a single match. Was pretty nice with all things considered.

I'm going to try out the P38-G today when I get home since I've heard the new tier-ing on that particular aircraft makes for some fun game play. It now is a tier 2 which pits it against BF109 E/F series, Italian fighters/bombers and even A6M2's, Ki-61's and Ki-43's. All those planes are usually pretty easy to take out (if you can fly the P38 right) so it should be interesting.

Currently I'm on the grind for a P51-D5, Spitfire MkIX and the Typhoon Mk1b (Got to love 4x Hispano cannons!!!)

Anyways I figured I'd just try to bring this thread back to life a little with some random updates on my end.

See you in the sky guys!

Well over the past couple days I've been doing the in game training for the full real mode. I don't have a joystick or head tracker so it is tricky.

However that said I managed this morning to get my first kill against a player controlled aircraft. I was flying my Bf109-E1 and took out a Yak7b. Took only two short but well aimed bursts and he rolled upside down and immediately crashed into the ground due to the low altitude we were fighting at.

I must say, that it is VERY intense squeezing off the rounds and lining up your shots. Loved every second of it though!

Last edited:
Finally got online this evening with the PS4 now works calmed down.

And I did bloomin good, by my standards! Managed to bounce 3 Spitfires trying to take on a allied bomber over their base. I got them all within a minute or so. Had a tangle with a FW-190 which I hadn't seen before in game, got him too! Ended the game with 10 air kills and 1 ground kill :) Had me shouting out tally ho, I was home alone, so no embarrassment there ;)

And I did bloomin good, by my standards! Managed to bounce 3 Spitfires trying to take on a allied bomber over their base. I got them all within a minute or so. Had a tangle with a FW-190 which I hadn't seen before in game, got him too! Ended the game with 10 air kills and 1 ground kill :) Had me shouting out tally ho, I was home alone, so no embarrassment there ;)
Nice! I'm on PC and still getting used to how overpowered some of the biplanes are at the early levels and even later.

I've had to use the Gladiator recently as I've upgraded everything else and 9 times out of 10 have the best streaks the Hurricane Mk.II. It's still pretty damn maneuverable, can get on the tail of upper grade aircraft, it's just firepower that's the issue.

Lol awesome! Just like in real life the FW's are both good and bad. Their elevators are really poor so when thye go into a dive they usually can not pull up quickly. But don't get in front of them, the firepower is plain deadly!

I've been doing really well lately in FRB/SB games. This morning I flew out in the new Mig3-15BK and managed 6 ground kills and 2 air kills. I killed a Bf110-C4 to end the game but it was a brilliant bounce. I made a simple turning dive to slide in behind the Bf110 (his gunner was chewing me up) but I managed to get close enough that all 5 mg's hit him hard in the tail section and engines causing him to lose power in his left engine and tail control.

It's becoming a favorite game mode for me to play in due to the constant challenge. You are never comfortable flying FRB. It's always a challenge and always a heart pounding game!

I've had to use the Gladiator recently as I've upgraded everything else and 9 times out of 10 have the best streaks the Hurricane Mk.II. It's still pretty damn maneuverable, can get on the tail of upper grade aircraft, it's just firepower that's the issue.

I've found that with both Spit's and Hurricanes that the 7.7's are lack luster in a knockout punch but when you use "Stealth" rounds they seems to do a little bit more damage. Just a friendly tip :)

I've found that with both Spit's and Hurricanes that the 7.7's are lack luster in a knockout punch but when you use "Stealth" rounds they seems to do a little bit more damage. Just a friendly tip :)
Its true! Also, has anyone else found the killing power of the Italian planes rather awkward? According to stats, I should be killing people with 2x.50 cal guns with stealth ammo...but with the CR42 and the supsequent 2x.50 cal Italian planes, it feels like I'm throwing pebbles at the plane regardless of where I aim. In contrast, the same stealth ammo setup in the He-51 or other reserve planes (with 7.62ish guns) chews through planes. Something seems wrong here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back