Zoukei Miura P-51D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
here is one of the first test shots of the new ZM kit...

Attachments

• img08_pht004.jpg
    img08_pht004.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 279
I saw these earlier. Quite right Airframes and surely aimed at the Japanese home market,they do like to open everything up. Nothing wrong with that.
I've built the Z-M Ta152 which was a tricky kit needing quite a bit of effort.It looks good built but maybe is a bit over engineered. It has some very soft detail and the fit on mine was,politely,hit and miss.

top_small.gif

By the time you've imported a Z-M kit to the UK they become expensive too.
I'm not much of an allied modeller but as I've already got my grubby paws on one of the new(ish) 1/32 Tamiya P-51s I'll probably pass on this one.
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
The tamiya kit has and will sell so well that many won't shell out for the ZM kit, but I'm sure it will still be a hit in Japan and elsewhere...

The tamiya kit has and will sell so well that many won't shell out for the ZM kit, but I'm sure it will still be a hit in Japan and elsewhere...

I hope so,the more manufacturers producing kits the better for all of us.I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from building a Z-M kit.I wasn't put off by my experience with the Ta152. Not all kits go together like a new Tamiya and we shouldn't expect them to.
That P-51 looks like it could be a very interesting challenge indeed.
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Agree with all, although there appear to be some unneccessary areas of engineering in the kit for my taste. I notice that there seem to be lots of bits that 'come off', but the main cowling is done in one piece, although a minor thing, and easy to change.

Yep. Certainly looks like a nice kit, but I'd probably go for the Tamiya if I was to do another Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back