Shinpachi

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• hi shinpachi,
    just to let you know this is my last post here.
    keep up the great work, cgi can benefit greatly by what you are doing and the manner in which you do it.
    best regards blobs
    Thanks PACAFITAB for your precious information.
    For the secuity, I have just passed it to davilillo by email now.
    Wishing he will read it soon,
    Shinpachi
    P
    Hello davilillo, Yes, I knew Jesse Newton, he was my friend, mentor, and supervisor at Yamada in 1965. Sorry to hear about his and his wife's passing. The jacket that you found is a Yamada Drinking Jacket. I had one but it doesn't fit so I gave it to my son.
    Here are some interesting things about Yamada that I learned from Jesse:
    1. Yamada was designed by German engineers, and built by Korean laborers, supervised by Japanese military.
    2. The USAAF didn't know about Yamada until it was found in surrender documents. One munitions magazine was destroyed when a B-29 shook loose a hung bomb.
    3. The workers at Yamada kept monkeys in cages. When the war ended the monkeys were released and their offspring were still there in 1965.
    4. In 1965 Yamada was at full storage capacity for General Purpose Bombs and the USAF was running out of bombs in Vietnam. So we sent everything to SEA, some by ship from the port at Moji and some by air from Itazuke AB near Fukuoka.
    I saw a post re: Yamada Camp and wondered if you knew of a fellow by the name of Jesse Newton. He passed away 2 days ago. My brother was taking care of him as he had no close family members and his Japanese wife had passed away a little over a year ago. He was 85. My brother asked me to clear out his apartment and I came across a blue jacket that has Jesse's name on the front and on the back it has writing in bothe English and Japanese. It reads: "Yamada Camp, Drinking Union, Kokura Japan". In the center there is a man in green thread holding a bottle that reads: "Old Elephant Booze". I wondered if you knew Jesse or anything about the origin of this jacket and perhaps the year it may have been made. Thanks for your help. davilillo
    hi shinpachi,
    I thank you for the comments, but I still think its overated.
    I'd like to speak to you about trying to progress in a more rational
    way than at present. I know and have seen your beautiful work on the
    forum and know there is much that you might be able to help me with.
    I'm not so good with the words and need time to put together what I
    want to say, so please bare with me and I will get back to you when
    I have thought through what I want to say.
    regards, blobs (bob)
    Question for you, Sir....

How does one pronounce "Masaharu Homma?" I'm thinking it is something like Moss-ah-ha-roo Home-ah, but wanted an expert translation.
    Thank you for posting the photos Shinpachi san, it was very kind of you to think of it. Once again it reinforces my need to visit your country...very beautiful indeed. And what a blue sky, much in contrast to the grey clouds over England today.

Best regards,

Paul
    Shinpachi san, have you heard of the Holy Family Home in Osaka? It is an orphange that receives U.S. soldiers to visit the children from time to time. Mostly every Christmas two soldiers from Hawaii visit this orphanage with one to play Santa Claus.
    Greetings Shinpachi san, I saw from your post you are in Osaka. I remember traveling there several years ago. It's a beautiful city.
    Sorry, spaltring. My 'goo' mail box has now enough room!
    I was just wondering why no mail come recently.
    Thanks.
    S
    hello Shinpachi,
    i have tried to send you emails but it looks like your email box is full, can you pls check?
    kind regards
    phil-belgium-stuka
    Hey Shinpachi,

Just wanted to say hello and express thanks for your assistance in my research on the AM63. And by the way, my friends call me Stu.
    Hi Shinpachi,
    Don,t worry havent forgotten.Doing a double move at the moment house wise..Long story.Trying to get everything organised for an upload to esnip.We do have some Solidworks designs of the piston and conrods for the Merlin,measured off original samples.Not sure if Shade can import such files?What does it import file wise?
    Cheers Ross
    Cheers.
    Am getting all my info together for you in an esnip folder.Thanks you for taking up the offer..
    Cheers Ross (Aka Spits)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back