1:1 replicas of RAF Spade Grips

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
This doesn't intend to be a real new kit review, but I was really astonished when I saw the above on an Italian forum and I thought that I should have shared those pictures with you.

Spitfire spades:

Spit1-Copia_zpsdd7eb568.jpg
Spit3-Copia_zps1b533542.jpg
Spit4-Copia_zpsf2dd5776.jpg

Hurricane spades

CopiadiHurri01_zps3eafb3cb.jpg
CopiadiHurri04_zps93b0fe09.jpg
CopiadiHurri05_zps46eca49c.jpg

Manufacturer is Maurizio Di Terlizzi and here is a picture of the components before assembly and painting.

tailboomspadegrippreviewbg_2_zps3827a29b.jpg

I suppose that Maurizio is currently offering those items somewhere, but if you have an interest, send me a p.m. and I will put you in touch with him.
Alberto

I'll be in touch Alberto!
Back in 1990, for the 50th anniversary of the BoB, a UK company was offering 1:1 replicas, made from the same original materials, at a reasonable price. I tried to buy one at the time, but they sold out very quickly !
One, or maybe one of both, of these kits would suit my purpose, for display alongside my 1/32nd scale models.

Thanks for that link Andy.
Not too bad a price I suppose, with 72 Euros being about £60, although a little more than I expected. That said, the metal replicas I mentioned, were about £50, if memory serves, 23 years ago, and a genuine grip can sell for very high prices - especially on a certain auction site.

Thanks Andy also from myself, I didn't knew about that review.
Contact info I have are the same:

[email protected]

About a control stick for the 109 I remember that Maurizio did this one
KG 13A (1).jpg
KG 13A (2).jpg
KG 13A.jpg

but I don't know if it is still available.
The best is to get in touch with him.
Alberto

Might be an idea to see if they can be reserved, seeing they're limited. I'd like one for the display cabinet, but it'll have to wait a month or so, as there's other things to pay for first!

Might be an idea to see if they can be reserved, seeing they're limited. I'd like one for the display cabinet, but it'll have to wait a month or so, as there's other things to pay for first!

Again, my suggestion is to get in touch with Maurizio: as far as I know he is a very good guy and I think he could offer the option to reserve some pieces.
Alberto

very nice, the bottom lip of the spade grip is a bit wide though - see Hurri and spit grips attached. My Spit one has lost most of its red annodise by wear

Attachments

• hurr1.jpg
    hurr1.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 220
  • spit1.jpg
    spit1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 210

Users who are viewing this thread

Back