1:1 Spitfire K9817 Cockpit Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you all guys and sorry for the long delay. I have been flat out doing placard sets for several projects including two flying rebuilds and one upgrade to a current flyer!

The only progress on K9817 has been one of those things that gives a real boost. Often hours and hours of work produces a small part which may be accurate and complicated but which doesn't really "look" impressive. Other times a couple of hours of cutting and filing produces a seemingly great leap forward. This is one of those times.

Attachments

• 81570497_828855887536156_3547855694751334400_n.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 46
Thank you all. I'm buried in making 3 of the later style Map Boxes for other projects at the moment but hopefully more progress soon.

The final pics are of my completed test piece which has too many tool marks on it to let it go out!!! That was built a while back while I was still learning to rivet.

Thanks Geo & Andy.

Andy, I don't usually refer to the bar as "bucking" ...but somewhat similar

Oh.. forgot to post the Cockpit Placards.. now totally finished. The BIG news from those is that I've already supplied a set to a flyer being restored and am currently drawing Seafire placards for someone. I can't reveal the identities yet but will be able to soon. Let's just say that one of them is dear to my heart!

Users who are viewing this thread