1/144 Revell Germany Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation "Star of Blarney Castle"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
She's finally done. after a bunch of research, I've finished my Connie.
HPIM2522.JPG

HPIM2521.JPG

HPIM2525.JPG

HPIM2524.JPG

HPIM2528.JPG

4 Wright R-3350 Double Cyclone Turbo Compound engines, putting out 3,250HP each.
MTOW, 137,500 lbs.
Max Speed, 377MPH.
Service Ceiling, 24,000 feet.
Range, 5,400 miles.

Nicely done Rob, it looks the part.
I've mentioned it before, and don't wish to appear to be moaning, but the pics are still loading as I type this. They slowly 'scroll' down, one 'click' at a time, and so far have taken 2 minutes and have just finished fully loading. I don't know which way you upload Rob, but I don't have this problem with any other pics on the forum - they're there, on the page, when the thread is selected.

thanks, everyone! and like I mentioned before, the cockpit window decals are modified minicraft connie cockpit decals

Terry,
I use the image uploader on the forum, and I have my camera set at it's max resolution: 5MP.

Do you re-size the pics to a maximum of 800 x 600 before up-loading Rob?
It just puzzles me why it only seems to happen with your pics, and sometimes the odd pic, normally from a new member, or one who uses an image-hosting site. It means I have to wait until the pics load, or be patient whilst I'm able to get 'down the page' to the reply box, every time I open the post. I'm just trying to eliminate possibilities, in case I have a problem with my computer, as no one else seems to mention a problem, but then, I don't see this happening anywhere else.

Do you re-size the pics to a maximum of 800 x 600 before up-loading Rob?
It just puzzles me why it only seems to happen with your pics, and sometimes the odd pic, normally from a new member, or one who uses an image-hosting site. It means I have to wait until the pics load, or be patient whilst I'm able to get 'down the page' to the reply box, every time I open the post. I'm just trying to eliminate possibilities, in case I have a problem with my computer, as no one else seems to mention a problem, but then, I don't see this happening anywhere else.

nope, I upload 'em as-is. the site re-sizes them for me

Pics come up right away for me too, though there was that one time on the other thread when they didn't. Considering computers are based on logic, nothing logical about them...

Slow for me too. Pic info for one of them says it's 2.9MB which is way too much. When I reduce mine to 800 x 600, I save them to a medium file size and they're only like 60kB.

Think that's what the problem is. If up-loading without re-sizing, then every time the thread opens, the forum has to re-size, due to file size, which takes time. Basically, the forum is having to reduce an image which could measure, say, 24 x 30 inches, to the equivalent of around 6.5 x 8.5 inches every time.
Rob, re-size your pics, saving from your computer files to a second file if you want to maintain original size, by using 'Save as ..'.
If you haven't got a photo-editing system, then download 'Irfanview' for free. It's easy and quick to use, and you can easily re-size, crop as required, adjust colours and sharpen etc.
It'll make a big difference when the forum is busy, and it'll be easier to view those posts of yours which have pictures in them, and prevents tying up the forum's server.

okay, I'll re-size them when I have the time. (at work atm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back