1/24 mossie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, BB,
I needed to strip some enamel recently. A friend told me to try good old brake fluid. I gave it a whirl and it worked like a CHAMP! However, do NOT leave the plane soaking for any longer than 4-8 hrs. I think I had the paint coming off after a 5 hour soak. No damage to the plastic and the paint literally wiped off with a paper towel.
Hope this helps. I just found this kit on ebay and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. What a kit. I am looking forward to starting on it in a couple of months.
Dale

The only problem I have with this kit is that it is discontinued,and Airfix has said they do not plan on producing more. Should have picked this one up before the price shot up to over $200

Just recalled years ago someone spray painted the headlights black on my '56 Chev. Chrome polish removed it from the glass and body paint no problem. Just thinkin out loud.

Very nice .................... :p

The Mossie is probably my over all favorite aircraft ............... ....

Mike

If you got her for $140.00 US, you got a great deal............

Enjoy,

May haps be, that you could pick up the movie. Romancing the stone .............. :)

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back