1/32 P-47 - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just to let you fellas know work has resumed.Just the first coat of gray on the engine.look like I have to make my own rocker tubes got plenty of brass rod.The Bronze green is my version of a med/dk green,french blue,insignia blue and a touch of black.as time goes on I will get better pics.My brother passed 3/8/2016 and we lay him down 3/12,Thanks for the warm wishes of good health but he is were needs to be.:salute:
DSC03727 (900 x 675).jpg
DSC03728 (900 x 675).jpg

I'm very sorry to hear that your brother has passed away, Kevin. My sincere condolences to all of you there.

Last edited:
It is with my deepest condolences that I hear of the passing of a loved one, especially a sibling, a brother. None can be closer. You have some great work here though. My deepest thoughts as you go through this time.

Thanks everybody a sad day of sorts today not being mean or anything but it's time for life to get to some normalcy after the last month.We roll on with modeling from here on out . ;)

I made the 18 push rods out of .7mm brass rod then drilled the crank case;something I never knew was that the rods are offset at the crankcase one being out front a little maybe 2-4" in real life.So with a deeper hole than what was provided gave me the leeway to cut a longer rod insert into hole and pull back up to the rocker itself.Thus only having to glue at the rocker.I had to seriously narrow the map box to make room for a rod that attaches to a PE lever assembly on the R/S of the pit.Both engines paints gloss black by Alclad,Dull Silver Alclad and fins highlight with burnt sienna acrylic by MM.I really wish my LHS still had the same owners and I would be able to p/u tan wires for 1/24 scale cars :(
DSC03730 (900 x 675).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back