Thank you sir.Looks good so far!
Thank you Vic. Indeed I'm pleased on how this project is coming around so far.You should be very pleased with that Gerry, it looks great.
That's an interesting suggestion my friend. I'll print different sizes of the eagle this weekend in order to play with the display dimensions.Looking at your proposed base, you are right, not much room for all you would like to display. As a thought and only a suggestion. On eather side of the Luftwaffe Cross on the front of your base you could place the NJG 11 emblem one side and the eagle the other. On a small plaque at the base of the cross place a miniature of the Messerschmitt emblem and the aircraft type details. If room permits you could maybe place the Messerschmitt emblem either side of the aircraft details.
Thanks for your words my friend. That's a good point of view indeed.Good work Gerry. The matte finish always looks more even because glossy surfaces reflect every small imperfection whereas the matte doesn't. On the base, my personal preference would be to keep it simple and not try to clutter it with a lot for the eye to take in but I can totally understand and respect you vision for including all of these symbols.
An amazing work of art! As others have said WOW!Hello my fellow modelers:
After having a rather busy period of work, I finally allowed myself to continue with the kite display.
I made several attempts to primer the MDF base in order to apply paint, but after finding a nice looking grey paper (i don't remember the name of the paper type), it was decided to apply it to the main view of the display. Also the MDF base surface that was cut (in order to locate the acrylic display), was filled with several pieces of acrylic that just had the right width, in order to avoid using too much filler material.
Then after pondering the best way to present the kite without further details in the display base that would only distract the viewer from the main theme, it was decided that the Balken cross would only appear as a bottom detail only painted in black featuring some volume. This suggestion was made by some fellow modellers and I really appreciate and respect the opinion of these modeling compadres.
View attachment 719021
The acrylic main display had to be protected against the primer and the worst enemy of the transparent displays: cyanoacrylate glue.
This glue always leave traces of clouds if not applied properly and in a good ventilated area to avoid the glue vapors invade the recently polished surfaces.
View attachment 719022
Then it was time to really think how to make the best use of the neodymium magnets that were located in the belly of the kite. And after performing several tests, it was decided to glue a circular metallic rod in the top of the display that not only present a good adherence to the magnets, but also a height that doesn't be appreciated from anywhere if possible.
Then this piece had to be painted in black (in order to camouflage itself within the kite dark belly) and being this roundel of a metallic nature, then it will eventually damage the kite´s belly surface. I found that the PVA glue applied with some color and protected with a thick plastic above the contact surface will protect quite nice the kite belly. In the lower surface of this roundel was glued with cyanoacrylate to the clear display.
View attachment 719026
And here is the result of these works:
View attachment 719027
I've also been pondering of where to locate the Messerschmitt logo and also the Data plate to identify this kit....... but for now, here's how the complete result of how the kite with its display looks like today......
View attachment 719028
Still there are several details I want to apply to the fuselage based on several decals I designed such as rivets of different colors as well as applying the antennas and drop tanks.
I just had to know, and be completely sure if the neodymium could support the kite weight in order to proceed finishing the kite.
Have an excellent week my friends.