1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Me 262 B1a/U1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

An interesting project, well executed.
Thank you very much Crimea.

Here's the weekly update where after printing several pending customized decals, it was time to present some more advance in the kite.

First, the base had to be detailed and finish the perimeter of it, and install the Messerschmitt decal in the display arm.....

Base 01.jpg

Also it was time to install the Balken cross as well as the customized aircraft tag....
Base 02.jpg

Here is a image of the kite tag...
Plaque 01.jpg

Finally the aircraft was ready to receive some minor weathering effects applied with pastels, pencil colors and some decals. But the main items to be located were the drop tanks and the antennas:
kite 05.jpg

Also it was logical to apply some minor weathering to the cannon exhausts just for contrast:
kite 02.jpg

Also after reviewing several books about the Me-262 signal flare launchers, the corrected tail light as well as the loop antenna that was made of a metalized plastic. The aerial antennas were still in the process of receiving some heat in order to emulate the correct tension of each one:
kite 07.jpg

And here are the images of how the kite looks like before installing the wing lights, pitot tube and the belly antennas:
kite 03.jpg

kite 04.jpg

kite 06.jpg

Here are the works performed so far and willing to complete this kite, maybe for the Houston IPMS event for June.

Have an excellent week guys.............

Gerry

She is a beauty, nicely done Gerry. :D
Thank you Vic.

And finally it were installed several missing pieces during this weekend.

It was pending the Riedel handles in the front of each engine:

Each piece was cut from a metallized plastic that were finally installed as a handle.

Riedel handles 01.jpg

Right engine:
Riedel handles 03.jpg

Left engine:
Riedel handles 02.jpg

And finally the pitot tube that was cut from a needle tube due that the original piece was ridiculous big and deformed:
Pitot tube 01.jpg

To finally being located in place emulating the original part with the frontal edge in copper color:
Pitot tube 02.jpg

And I consider that these were the final works performed in this project.

Do you happen to know if I have to present the final images of this kite in this same thread on in a new one denoting as completed?

Have an incredible week.

Gerry :pilotsalute:

Well done Gerry and nice to see this project done. As for posting final pics, it is up to you how you do it for it is your build and not related to one of the Group Builds (GBs). You can post final pic on this thread or you can open a new thread under the heading "Your Completed Kits." My preference would be to do it as a new posting under "Your Completed Kit" for there is a good chance you will reach a bigger audience within the forum and in doing so, others will see the great workmanship of this build. :D

Thank you Vic.

And finally it were installed several missing pieces during this weekend.

It was pending the Riedel handles in the front of each engine:

Each piece was cut from a metallized plastic that were finally installed as a handle.

View attachment 720947

Right engine:
View attachment 720948

Left engine:
View attachment 720949

And finally the pitot tube that was cut from a needle tube due that the original piece was ridiculous big and deformed:
View attachment 720950

To finally being located in place emulating the original part with the frontal edge in copper color:
View attachment 720951

And I consider that these were the final works performed in this project.

Do you happen to know if I have to present the final images of this kite in this same thread on in a new one denoting as completed?

Have an incredible week.

Very nice.

Well done Gerry and nice to see this project done. As for posting final pics, it is up to you how you do it for it is your build and not related to one of the Group Builds (GBs). You can post final pic on this thread or you can open a new thread under the heading "Your Completed Kits." My preference would be to do it as a new posting under "Your Completed Kit" for there is a good chance you will reach a bigger audience within the forum and in doing so, others will see the great workmanship of this build. :D
Thank you very much for your suggestion mi amigo.

As always, yours thankfully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back