1/32 Revell XF4U-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JerryR

Airman
Aug 23, 2010
Here is my attempt at backdating the old1/32 Revell Corsair F4U-1 into the XF4U-1 Prototype, there are a lot of things that could have been corrected but being my first modeling work, now I know all the things I will be correcting on an updated version of this prototype but, using the Trumpeter Model also in 1/32nd scale (this was my first model and currently I am also posting under start to finish, my second prototype a 1/32 trumpeter P-38J/L backdated to the XP-38.
Cheers!.

Jerry

Attachments

• Left Side View.jpg
    Left Side View.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 384
  • Engine Detail.jpg
    Engine Detail.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 369
  • Bottom View.jpg
    Bottom View.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Machine Gun and Ammo Box.jpg
    Machine Gun and Ammo Box.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 373
  • Full Right View.jpg
    Full Right View.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Foto 177.jpg
    Foto 177.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Hi All!

Thank you very much for all your kind word of encouragement!

Just to answer one email I received personally, Yes, I reduced the lenght of the fuselage, on the nose I did reduced it since the prototype is shorter than the production F4U-1. The bullets and bullet guides where salvaged from Eduard or Verliden and the whole thing with scratch building took about 3 months, just the planing took about 6 months since I had never ever built a model and I enjoyed the reading and asking questions specially thanks go to Brian Cauchi for his guidance.

Enjoy!

Jerry

PS If you all look under the START TO FINISH section, I am working on my second prototype, a 1/32 Trumpeter Lockheed P-38 Backdated all the way down to the XP-38 Prototype.

Have fun modeling!

J.

Thanks DirkPitt289

My favorite Clive Cussler Character!!!

How's Al Giordino? ji-ji!

Cheers mate!

jerry

Quite a feat for a First build mate.
Don't think I would ever have attempted something like that...

well done

Thanks Bob

If you like prototypes, you may want to check out my XP-38 I am now working on other Prototypes as well, only the research part of it.

Thanks for looking!

Jerry

Thanks again Bob3170!

Happy Holidays!

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back