1/32 Tamiya Spitfire MK IXc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Papa Tango Whiskey

Airman 1st Class
Jul 9, 2016
Tulsa
I have been trying to knock this one out for a little bit now but a cracked canopy prevented me from doing so. I finally sourced a new one and got it all straightened out and I am able to pick up where I left off a few months back.

I need to have a better way to shoot pics of the pit so that things may be displayed but until that happens we will just have to do with what is available.

IMG-2278.jpg

IMG-2279.jpg

IMG-2280.jpg

IMG-2281.jpg

I know the belts are not a Sutton harness but the only thing that I had that was close was one of the many Typhoon belts that I had squirreled away

These kits are really nice and I really like the way they go together If you had the right covers and gun locations you could do just about any Spitfire wing that suits your fancy. Here I just went with the kits C wing and got a coat of Tamiya RAF sky shot on the underside.

IMG-2282.jpg

Tomorrow I will start on the invasion stripes and possibly run the camo on the top.

One of the other things that I had a chance to accomplish is the engine. I am still pondering if I am going to display this or not. If I do there will be a ton of details tha5t will have to be done.

IMG-2283.jpg

Well, thanks for looking in.

Paul

The scheme on the box but I can change the color easily enough. Top is dark sea with dark green unless you have some better suggestions. I am open to them.

I agree. Undoubtedly there should have been used the MSG colour for the undersides.

I am changing it up accordingly. However on the call outs in the instructions it calls for light blue and flat white which I found as odd. So MSG it is.

Still have no idea what your scheme looks like but the overwhelming majority of IXs would have sported the colours Terry mentioned. However IX's used in the desert would have had azure blue undersides.

It would help if you posted the pics of the box art or instruction sheet where the colours are called out.

Andy, the dark sea with dark green on tops indicates the MSG on undersides rather. But you are right if it is the trop camo. IMHO the questioned model is the Tamiya 60319 kit. Most of the camo schemes included there are of the DG/OG/MSG colours. However the trop one for the Polish Spitfire ZX-6 of the PFT is of the trop colours.

spit.jpg

If that's the scheme he's doing then I agree. It was the reason I brought up the issue about the Sky. But I'm still not sure of what scheme he's doing if he says the call outs are for light blue.

... Top is dark sea with dark green unless you have some better suggestions. I am open to them.

I see. Above I quoted his post #3. According to this the dark sea and dark green are on the tops. The Light Blue/Sky wasn't applied with these two rather. Unless that's the naval Spit. So I agree we should wait for the answer to your question.

The DSG ( Dark Sea Grey ) isn' the correct colour. It should be the Ocean Grey - FS 36187. The Dark Sea Grey was the naval colour used by the FAA and was FS 36173. The Ocean Grey was lighter and bluish in tone than the DSG.

You're done - why ??
We are trying to help and assist you, not criticize or discourage you.
With the expense of the kit, and the time and effort invested so far, and your apparent desire to 'get things right', it's slightly churlish to have such an attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back