1/32 Trumpeter Me 262A-1a "Yellow 3"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice clean work John, it's coming along beautifully.

Geo, I'm not 100% certain, but I think the Tamiya thin was the original thin, liquid cement, before the introduction of extra thin, the latter having a green cap and pale green label.
The liquid cement, in a clear bottle, with white cap and white label, is as John described, and though thinner than 'tube' cement, it does not perform in the same way as the extra thin.
I haven't seen the Tamiya thin in the UK for some time, but from memory, it would fall in between the extra thin, and the white label liquid cement, and was similar to the original Humbrol liquid cement.

I'm in the process of a similar modification to the wing ailerons. Again, not 100% accurate as I am unable to replicate the delicate linkages featured on the real actuators but an improvement over the solidly molded details.

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

Looking really nice John. Those little details like the trim tab rods make a big difference. Keep it coming! :thumbleft:

A little bit of progress on the 262 to report. I've been fixing up the nose... puttying/sanding/re-scribing/etc. It's getting there...

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

I've finished off the tab actuators on the wings. Admittedly, a simplified representation but the compromise was intentional as I wanted them to be very sturdy to stand up to the upcoming painting/weathering process.

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

The engine pods have been glued onto the wings. Fit is pretty good at the bases but some work is need to get rid of the seams on the top side.

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

Looking very good. Ironically, we all strive for perfect panel lines and seams when in reality they were often poorly fitting.

Definitely won't be perfect! I've been cleaning up the engine wing joint and I've just been alerted that I need to get rid of a panel line on the nose. It's the longitudinal line between the gun cowling and the ejector chutes. I double-checked my reference drawings and sure enough... no panel line there. I don't mind filling it because it was one of the sloppier glue joints anyway. Getting closer to the point where the wings get attached to the fuse but still not there yet.

The offending panel lines have been filled with putty. I still need to restore some of the rivet detail.

IMG_3160-1.jpg

IMG_3162-1.jpg

Here are some photos of the cleanup work on the engine nacelles...

IMG_3163-1.jpg

IMG_3165-1.jpg

IMG_3166-1.jpg

I'm almost at the point where I can attach the wings to the fuselage. You can see the sliver of white at the wing roots where I've added a shim. Even with the shim, there are some slight gaps.

IMG_3167-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back