1/32 Westland Wendover (The Matchbox Mutilation...) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So... I promised ya'll a seat...

Some 1.5mm styrene rod, some bending, some CA, some glueing of fingers to things... and Ta-DAAH!
20160207_213133_zps7dhpr8vi.gif

Used the old seat as a template for the back...
20160207_213837_zpsblperqz2.gif

1.5mm halfround rod... Seat?
20160207_214936_zpskxikgk7a.gif

Seat!
20160207_214943_zpsl9xnlcbx.gif

A little sanding. A little bit of styrene for an armour backing to the seat...
20160207_221727_zps9mpemfvw.gif

All it needs now is the raising mechanism...

Which involves tiny parts. And it's actually kit parts! That I can use!

20160208_132630_zpsv5ghfb5w.gif

Oh, and modern kit makers; Take note! TINY SPRUE GATES! IT CAN BE DONE! WITH 70S TECHNOLOGY!! (I'm looking at you, Airfix...)
20160208_131021_zpszicnagnz.gif

Tiny seat adjuster jack, made from some scrap styrene and a kit part. The thread on the big wormscrew is done with some lead wire.
20160208_173447_zps0bmlbfr5.gif

It looks pretty good, all together like this. And some paint will do wonders.
20160208_180023_zpslr90mvlw.gif

I added a handle for the brakes and some wire, and with paint it looks the bussiness. Still needs some weathering and a matt coat and than it's another job done.
20160208_204050_zps9nml9vwc.gif

20160208_204038_zpsvawkggog.gif

More soooon!

Rob

And now you're all up to speed with the various other forums I'm posting this build on. We now return to our regular building schedule...

Seat weathered and washed.

20160209_214932_zpsovzpb7fl.gif

That is all.

What are you still doing here?

SHOO!!

Oh well...

"More soooon!"

*sigh*

Slavedrivers....

Rob

Very nice work Indeed !
Looking forward to more. Rather dubious about the use of Interior Green on the ammo boxes and tank straps though. This was an American colour, not normally seen on British-built aircraft, where Cockpit Grey Green would be used .

Last edited:
Very nice work Indeed !
Looking forward to more. Rather dubious about the use of Interior Green on the ammo boxes and tank straps though. This was an American colour, not normally seen on British-built aircraft, where Cockpit Grey Green would be used .

Well, since I am well and truly diving into the dreaded world of Whatiffery with an operational Wendover including a full FN.20 turret, I think I can get away with this colour without too much trouble... ;)

Must say that I have several pictures of Lysanders sporting all kinds of interior green varying from Zinc Chromate to Dark Green and everything in between.

Cheers for the input tho. :mrgreen:

Rob

You are making a tremendous job Rob. :salute:
I love the way you did the internal structure. I have taken note of formidable tips for scratch. :-k

I've never seen this strange plane made on this scale as you are accomplishing.
I will be very attentive to what follows, I congratulate you.

Saludos cordiales ! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

P.D. Your way of narrating the process is very funny and entertaining!:toothy2:

Beautiful detail on the interior and am most impressed with your scratch-building skills. Much to be learned from here.

Cheers,

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back