1/48 A-20G Havoc (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
Getting ready to start on this little bruiser. I've been doing some research and already found some discrepancies. Some of the decals are wrong. I have found a few photos of the craft that are actually very good. I'm still looking for more though.

871 - (LA FRANCE LIBRE) Douglas A-20 Havoc ser.#39224 416 BG, 66BS resized20.jpg

869 - (GPR-66-6-416)(4-NOV-44)(LA FRANCE LIBRE) resized 20.jpg

IMG_1191 A-20 Havoc.jpg

Should be a neat build Aaron if you get a chance Aaron can you post a pic of the sprues.Cheers

As soon as I get the 51 tucked away for a bit I will lay it out and shoot it.:thumbright: Cool Terry, thank you in advance sir!::cool: :thumbright: Ok Javlin, here you are sir.:)The detail is actually a lot better than can be seen in the photos. The landing gear and interior are exceptional, and the engines are not bad either.

IMG_1222 A-20 resized 20.jpg

IMG_1223 A-20 resized.jpg

IMG_1224 A-20 resized.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Andy, I have been doing some research trying to find photos of this particular craft and have found a few. Even found a decent shot of the instrument panel for the G model.:)

Thks Aaron.I have thought about this kit a couple of times it is interesting how the tail goes together but looks like it should align better and truer.Cheers Kevin

That's a whole lot of kit you have their Aaron, it will be a good watch as you bring it together.
Thank you Vic, you seem to have a lot more confidence in me than I do.:lol:
Look forward to this new build Aaron!
Thanks Wayne. I'm still doing research and having a lot of fun with it.:)
Thks Aaron.I have thought about this kit a couple of times it is interesting how the tail goes together but looks like it should align better and truer.Cheers Kevin

There are probably kits out there with more detail but not for the price. I got it on sale for about $25.00 . I am still very new at this and my opinions may need to be second guessed but to me I think I got my money's worth.:)

Thank you Glenn.:oops: I have been searching for color photos of the cockpit. I have found only two and they are of two different models. The first is the G model cockpit, the second I'm not sure of. I would like to find a few more just to back up what I've found on the G model. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:oops:

douglas-a-20g-havoc-bomber-cockpit-01.png

e32_129 A-20 cockpit.jpg

There wasn't a major difference in the layout Aaron, and once the fuselage is together, and the canopy on, even open, not that much can be seen to tell the differences!
(Have a look at my Boston III in the 'Bombers' GB, which is basically the same kit, without the rear turret, and you'll see what I mean.)
I'll be sending you a manual on the Boston/Havoc, plus another book, the magazine stuff, profiles and other detail shots. Don't think I've got your e-mail address though, so if you can PM it, I'll get things sorted.

Terry, I don't know how we would manage without you around here. You make it so much easier for us novices. Thank you very much sir.:notworthy: I have been working on the cockpit this afternoon, will try to post some shots later.:)

Ok folks, I have been tinkering along here and finally got to where I can show some progress. I have a few minor touchups to make but so far so good.:oops:

IMG_1236 cropped.jpg

IMG_1238 resized 20.jpg

Looking good Aaron. I'm just getting together the rest of the reference stuff, which includes some more cockpit pics. I should have them e-mailed to you within the next half hour - hopefully !

Just got done downloading all the information you sent Terry.:shock: WOW, Thank you sir!! I will start sifting through it her shortly. The last E-mail though didn't come through with any photos. It did have the Flikr link but it didn't work. It's going to take me a bit to go through all of this.:) :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back