1/48 B-17G - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all, Yes Andy there's a little AC/DC Back in Black here.

Cracked the aft upper seam cutting the tail off so I had to re glue that.

20160402_204853.jpg

Hey guys, thanks for stopping in and all the commits. It is indeed black, the only color is for the ball and chin turrets to be in NMF. Still trying to figure out how to weather a black bird. I'm thinking I can use exhaust for the engine and though it would be hard to see it should show up as a flat dark grey almost black. We'll have to see. Any suggestions?

I'd spray a flat dark brown first, then go flat black in the centers. Feather the black out to he edges, reducing the density of the black and bring more of the brown to the front. That's what I did with my Ju-88.

16030405.jpg

Nice work! Black is a tough color to model. For weathering, I think I would try lightening the centers of the panels using very dark grey.

This will not be completed for the build. Frankly I would not recommend the True Details interior for the B-17 kit as the pre build in details from this kit designed and release in 1975 is near perfect as is. That being said, there are parts of the TD set that can add to the kit such as the O2 bottles behind the cockpit seats. I think the cockpit canvas insolation can be done without the resin and in fact I got the Eduard set for the B-29 and it is nicely depicted in PE with this set. The resin is to thick. I have major fit problems between the two fuselage halves and also due to the resin sidewalls in the bombardier/nav compartment many of the windows have not been able to be fitted correctly. I need to take it apart and redo much of the interior for fit issues. If that will ever happen I don't know but there are items you can use in the TD kit and the Eduard kit to help a little enhancement. But as Andy pointed out on many occasions you won't be able to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back