1\48 Bf109 k-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sturmbock44

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
California
Heres an Academy 1\48 Bf109 K4 ( i got it cheap and the fit was great) the kit has its downsides for sure as far as detail and accuracy but overall it was an easy and fun build. The only pic i had and many different opinions on color schemes led me to this... 81 75, upersurfaces which where very thin and almost transparent , the fuselage side where my own mix to try and create the more buff or brown "rlm 84" which could have been 02 also. The mottles are just a mix of 75 80 81. late war luftwaffe bottom mix of alclad II aluminum and RLM 76.
K4side3.jpg
k4side2.jpg
K4side.jpg
K4 pit.jpg
k4 bottom.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with all. I think this kit was originally from the Hobbycraft series of '109 kits, as Academy have a few in their range now. As you mentioned, some of the detail is rather sparse compared to more 'up to date ' kits, but they work well and look the part.

thanks .i love the late war 109s they had some interesting camo to me , hard edged but a free flowing pattern then soft mottles on the fuselage. back to the tail with hard edges. I have a G-14 i want to do sometime blue 3 with the little sea dragon shield on the fuselage sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back