1/48 Cyber Hobby BF-110D, G9+HM, 4./NJG.1, Ofw.Paul Gildner - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! Working it into a smooth surface is coming along nicely, albeit slowly. I have some milli-put epoxy putty in place now to do the real 'reshaping' of the area's where I've been sanding heavily

Progress on my 110 has slowed down as of late (since the whole fuselage operation anyway) but a few things have been done the last couple of days.

Lots of boring filling/sanding/filling/sanding/rescribing on the aft section of the fuselage, but it's looking OK by now (although I wish I could undo it all and look more careful into the problem and tackle it at some earlier stage) The dinghy part needs some work though. Not sure if it'll be enough, but a primer coat of sorts should reveal what still needs to be done.

Started work on the wings too. Underwing radiators/oil-coolers have been glued together as well as de basic gearbays.

A little dryfitting (no pic of that included) on the nacelles shows a pretty good fit, but it's a bit of a flimsy construction and instructions are a mess when it comes to glueing certain parts in the right place) I fear some filling on the nacelles will be needed, but it's nowhere near as bad as the nacelles on the Eduard kit. A few minor ridges and tiny gaps.

Attachments

• 42 - wing sub-assemblies.JPG
    42 - wing sub-assemblies.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 129
  • 41 - fuselage.JPG
    41 - fuselage.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 152
@ Crimea_River
Very true. If they be put on the receiving end of the oilpaint treatment the details should pop uit nicely.

@ Gerry
If I continue at this pace I'll disqualify for not finishing in time ;)

Nice bit of work Jelmer, I'm none to keen on the fill, file, fill bit myself it's always a bit of a progress stopper. Like the wheel well detail, means I did my Moskito wells correctly without references.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back