1/48 Eduard FW190A-8 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ratpit

Airman
Mar 17, 2008
Just finished and ready for inspection is this Eduard FW190A-8. As many others have experienced - this kit looks the biz when you open the box but it was plagued with fit issues all the way through the build and tested my patience to the limit!! Glad to have it done and quite pleased with the result. Brush painted and decals from Eagle Strike - I chose the scheme simply to hide the unsightly wing-fuselage join and the surgery I had to do on the cannon covers!! Armour plates made from an empty toothpaste tube! Another good learning experience and I now know of some pitfalls to avoid on the Eduard A-6 and F-8 I have in the stash!!
Adam

b190a81.jpg

b190a82.jpg

b190a83.jpg

b190a84.jpg

b190a85.jpg

b190a86.jpg

b190a87.jpg

b190a88.jpg

b190a89.jpg

b190a810.jpg

b190a811.jpg

b190a812.jpg

Meet the Focke's - with my two Tamiya 190's

b190a813.jpg

b190a814.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one. I've seen some nice models from this kit with all hatches and panels open, but all those where the panels are closed have had problems.

With patience and selective fitting/filing/sanding the covers do fit. You just have to work at it. Here's my D-9 with the exact same detail:

View attachment 231029

Hi, thanks for that. I did do the sanding down as you suggest in certain areas. However, with mine there was an unsightly 1mm gap in the wing to fuselage join and obvioulsy to bridge this I had to cut the cover in two and fill the gap. The other side fitted just fine. I think that when I do one of the others I'll try attaching the upper wing to fuselage first, with cannon cover (I have the quickboost replacement) then building the wheel wells to the inside of the upper wing.
Best of luck with your D-9 - I forgot that I also have one of these!!!!

Weathering....... something I find tough to attempt.... nice work! Sounds like you had a lot of hoops to jump thru on this one. I have no experience with them so have no idea.

Can I comment on the photos. Number ten down seems to have the best color rendition. Some of the flash ones you may have been a bit close. Zooming in from more distance could have been much better. Taking them in the shade, like you did works best for me, however I still use flash from about 3 feet back.

Nice post mate.

Weathering....... something I find tough to attempt.... nice work! Sounds like you had a lot of hoops to jump thru on this one. I have no experience with them so have no idea.

Can I comment on the photos. Number ten down seems to have the best color rendition. Some of the flash ones you may have been a bit close. Zooming in from more distance could have been much better. Taking them in the shade, like you did works best for me, however I still use flash from about 3 feet back.

Nice post mate.

Hi Thanks for encouraging comments - yes photo ten is my personal favourite of the set, then photo one. Believe it or not its not taken in the shade - just the flash off in the good old British daylight!!!!! I'll take on board what you say about moving back from the model and zooming in - great advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back