1/48 Eduard Weekend Edition FW190 A8/R2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lostinhull

Airman 1st Class
Mar 1, 2010
East Riding of Yorkshire
This is the latest one completed.

(should have uploaded these in reverse order :lol:)

Attachments

• DSCF7486.JPG
    DSCF7486.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 165
Thanks guys.

The engine was indeed a pig to fit (and keep everything attached/lined up).

I quite enjoyed building the wings wheel bays however - the construction of that part was quite well thought out

well it looks nice at least it's not a yellow 13:p but something about the canopy don't look right to me. Looks a little frosted

actually historically correct W. Möritz's mount would have aerodynamic fairings over where the mg 131 cowling mgs would be housed. The Sturm Fw's of JG 3 did not need the mg's for attacking the bombers from the rear in July/August 1944 as war time photos depict, by the end of August 1944 the blue-black paint camo and white Rumpfbands were removed and the typical 1944 two tone greys became the norm for camo paint, even the flying Red U insignia was removed.

nice looking model

Thanks again all.

Terry - the model instructions have the cowl open (but I wasn't keen on that look), it's the right way round but didn't fit very well closed (although it's a lot better than when I started)

Erich - thanks for that, I have the D9, D11 D13 to do as well - might do my research before I put glue (and paint) to plastic next time. For interest, do we know when the MG131s were removed? The painting guide for this bird says it's aimed at July 1944.

Just noticed - is the cowling panel over the nose guns on back to front?!

if it is Terry thats the way the instruction sheet depicts it should be, i had a lot of trouble fitting it when i built mine.
as has been said the whole front end is over complicated in my opinion and very easy to get lined up wrong which throws everything out, but saying all that i will build another or three !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back