It was when I looked, casually, at the INstructions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WT?????? "Why are the tail fins at the back of the Bombas?
ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am fortunate I keep spare sh!t around. I had done another F6F5 as a Photo recon, no bombas.
So I did have in me spares box, F6F5 bomb racks........ What a save this was. So I hacked the offending parts off, attached new.
Facing forwards!
This plane will be depicted as it was before launching from CV-10. Pilot in his seat, canopy open, hand on stick,
arm resting on canopy track and his left hand holding windscreen frame. This figure I think came form an Airfix P-51.
Arms not attached. I have done some filing to get the hand around control stick. Used some Spru Goo under left shoulder
to get the arm up on the track. Had to decapitate the poor guy, then add a styrene dot from my punch to get his head
around so he's looking at deck launch crew.Sculpting is required on left shoulder. Then paint!!!! Gadzooks.

