--> 1/48 FW-190A3 - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
User Name: DonivanP
Name: Don
Category: Intermediate
Kit: Tamiya FW 190A-3
Scale: 1/48
Accessories: Tigerhead decals

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1943 The Turks bought 72 FW 190A-3's from Germany. They operated them until 1947. Germany identified them as FW 190Aa-3 and they were armed with just the machine guns, no 20mm cannons. The cannon mounts were still in the wing should Turkey wish to install them at a later date.

Focke-Wulf Fw-190 in Turkish service
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ah, b*ll*cks !
With a bit of luck though, when you ask fro the correct kit, they may let you keep the first one ?

Good luck Don. Had a seller send me that kit and a day later he contacted me saying he made a mistake on the shipping and would I mind reimbursing him the difference. Being an honest person and as the kit was dirt cheap I said no problem. For some reason, Paypal wouldn't allow the transfer and the guy said OK, he'll live with his mistake. For whatever reason, he sent me two kits and a week of so later, a third showed up.

Geo

Good luck Don. Had a seller send me that kit and a day later he contacted me saying he made a mistake on the shipping and would I mind reimbursing him the difference. Being an honest person and as the kit was dirt cheap I said no problem. For some reason, Paypal wouldn't allow the transfer and the guy said OK, he'll live with his mistake. For whatever reason, he sent me two kits and a week of so later, a third showed up.

Geo

You can buy for me anyday. Thanks All I have another A-3 from Kings Hobbies in Austin, my price $15, go pick it up next weekend.

Alright, as this build is for post war years, and as I am having problems finding definitive information on the subject. I am going for a Olive Green or a dark green wrap around paint. From the little I have been able to get on the subject, these aircraft were delivered in standard Luftwaffe schemes, around 1945 after Turkey had joid the allies, they painted some, or all the Fw 190Aa-3's in a wrap around OD or dark green. This will be my story and I'm sticking by it lest someone can change the story. I can't fully tell but it looks like the number is in black, maybe 36, better eye's them mine. I can't tell if the lower is a light color as in a lighter grey or not, sours says over all dark green. The bottom photo is so over exposed it is almost useless.

160310-F-PD075-421.JPG
turkeyend.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back