1/48 FW190A-5 Hans Philipp's "Miinke Pinke'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nicely done.
That's exactly the reason I didn't get the Eduard FW 190-A8 kits, as I intend to model two, both with all panels closed, in a large diorama. Chose the easy option of the Tamiya kits instead. But, if I decide to do a diorama with cowlings and panels open, it'll be Eduard, as they are very nice kits.

With Terry. I though for a minute that maybe Eduard would have addressed the case where the cowl might be posed in the closed position but a check of the instruciton sheet confirms that it's only intended to be posed open. Thanks for the heads up Dave. I'll watch for that when (if) I get around to me A-8 build.

Great info on the fit issues. I have one of these on the shelf. I made note of the problems you have found and pop that scrap of paper into the box so I will not forget these issues.

giphy.gif

Hi Guys,

My apologies for the bit of a delay in posting some updates. Super busy week for me. Had a lengthy doctor's appointment mid week then a day procedure on Friday. In between all that and generally not feeling so well I had to pick up my new wheels, a 2015 Toyota Highlander. These shots might belong in the latest acquisitions thread but oh well I am stoked over my new purchase. Here are a couple of shots of what I am talking about.

IMG_1181a600.jpg

IMG_1182a600a.jpg

Last edited:
I am feeling better and was able to get back on the bench this weekend.

Here are some progress shots of the build.

Eduard has you do the wheel bay as the next step in the building process.
RLM02 was used here for the main colour. I added a few highlights and dry brushing but no washes. I will do that later in the build.I also added the MG151/20 gun tubes. These are from the Master armament set for the Eduard kit. Master instructs you to just add the tubes at this point in the build with the barrels to be added later. Also, as I am adding the MG FF cannons in the outer wings I had to cut out the notches per the instructions for adding these guns. Finally, I hollowed out the lower exhausts as well since these are added this stage of the build as well.

_MG_1596a600.jpg

_MG_1588 a600.jpg

_MG_1593a600.jpg

Thanks Guys,

Much appreciated.

I got the wings and fuselage on this morning.

I started by gluing the wings on to the bottom wing structure then gluing the fuselage in place. The fit is pretty good. I did some minor filling along wing leading edges thus far and will need to do a bit on the front area where the fuselage meets the engine area. Here's a pic.

_MG_1598a600.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back