1/48 FW190A-5 Hans Philipp's "Miinke Pinke'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good. I have a couple of the Eduard 190s in my stash. Saved the photos posted of your cockpit and cowl corrections so that I can know what to do when I build mine. Thanks for showing how it's done.

Thanks Guys,

Had some family issues over the last while and its really put a dent in my bench time. I got some more work done on this build but I just havent been able to get around to putting the pics up. I hope to do so this weekend. I wish I could post my work during the week but I just don't have time at the moment so my updates will usually come on the weekends.

Cheers for now.

Okay guys,

Some more work on Pinke Pinke,

I got the root gun covers on as well as the ailerons. I also scratched the gun cover hinges and added some .5mm rivets to the hinges.
The fit of the gun covers was problematic and required some filling to deal with the open gaps near the leading and trailing edges of the covers. The fit is actually pretty crappy.
I would probably recommend gluing the gun covers on the tops wings first to insure a good fit before attaching the top wing to the lower wing and fuselage. I am going to try this on my next eduard 190 build.

Here are some progress shots.

_MG_1599a600.JPG

_MG_1600a600.JPG

_MG_1601a600.JPG

Reference pic.

wurger1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Wojtek,

More updates on Minke Pinke.

finished the cockpit instrument panel, gun-sight and combing. Aifter drybrushing and dabbing on some oils for the leather padding around the front of the combing I glued it in place. The fit was good here just a little sanding on the edges of the instrument panel and photetch panels to get them to fit properly. I must say Eduard's instrument panel PE is very nice it's also fairly accurate too. Up next will be the engine.

IMG_1607a600.JPG

IMG_1606a600.JPG

IMG_1610a500.JPG

_MG_1615a600.JPG

_MG_1618a600.JPG

_MG_1620a600.JPG

Last edited:
Good work Dave. Those gun covers are indeed a pain and need lots of thinning and dry fitting for posing them closed.

Dave wonderful breakthrough. I liked the cockpit a lot !! :shock: :thumbleft:
I keep pending the process.

Muchos saludos y Greetings !! :p
SANCER

Good work Dave. Those gun covers are indeed a pain and need lots of thinning and dry fitting for posing them closed.

Indeed Andy,

A real pain and one of the pitfalls of this kit for sure. I didn't remove all the detail on the reverse(interior) side of the gun covers but I would recommend doing this and will do so on my next Eduard build if chose to have the gun covers closed.

Okay,

here are some progress shots of the power egg build up.
I used Alcad II Duraluminum for the cylinders, Tamiya dark iron for the exhausts and mr.hobby aqueous acrylic flat black for rest of the engine parts. I really like the aqueous flat black it airbrushes very nicely. After the painting was done I gave it a wash of black oils and drybrushing on the exhausts with some dark iron and some silver mixed together.

I didn't add an ignition harness or wiring as you wont see these behind the radiator fan.
Accuracy is okay but if I was going to have the engine viewable all around I would not use the kit part. I think Aries makes an aftermarket engine set for the FW190 maybe even eduard.

One thing you will notice is the plate on the back of the engine. This is a jig that Eduard includes in the kit to allow you to align the exhausts properly. Once everything is in place you remove the jig and glue on the rear engine plate (not seen here) afterward.

Cheers for now.

IMG_1625a400.JPG

IMG_1627a400.JPG

IMG_1632a400.JPG

IMG_1631a400.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back