1/48 FW190A-5 Hans Philipp's "Miinke Pinke'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Gents. Your kind comments are much appreciated.

Back again with an update.

I got the prop and prop cover painted. I used Gunze RLM 70 for the prop( I believe the props were still steel at this stage of the war and therefore used RLM 70 Black green) and cover and Alcad II Dur aluminum for the hub.

_MG_1792a700.JPG

I also added the strengthening bars to the bomb rack. A5's didn't have the anti sway bars at this stage. Some of my photo references show the bars as being painted RLM02 so I obliged.

_MG_1794a700.JPG

I also masked off the canopy and windscreen using the supplied masks and painted them using a mixture of RLM74 and RLM75.
I will then dip them in future afterward.

_MG_1795a700.JPG

Last edited:
Andy,

You could be right too. I would not be surprised if there was variation in the colours used.

Progress continues on Minke Pinke. I have added lead wire in various thicknesses for the brake lines, thicker on the lower part and thinner along the gear legs. I also added the brake line strapping by cutting very thin pieces of lead foil and wrapped them around the brake lines and by adding some small hex bolts for the brake line connections. I decided to add some variation to the wheels by having one with treads and one smooth. I think logistics and supply by this period of the war for the Luftwaffe was irregular at best. Next up is to mount the landing gear. Hope I get it fairly correct. Wish me luck!

IMG_1813a600.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

I got the prop and landing gear on as well as the 20mm MG151/20's, 20mm MG-FF's and MG17's in the nose. Here are a few photos. I also added a few full view pics as well.
I still need to add the pitot tube, fuel tank rank and adjust the canopy backrest as it is preventing the canopy from sitting flush with the fuselage. I want to try some EZ Line for the antennas but don't have any of this material. I am going to see if i can pick some up as I have heard and seen good things about it.

_MG_1849a800.JPG

_MG_1879a800.JPG

_MG_1869a800.JPG

_MG_1855a800.JPG

_MG_1856a800.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Gents,

Some more progress. The landing gear doors are now on and the external stores rack.
Eduard includes photoetch landing gear door cover arms and I used these. The other option was a a styrene part that looks like a hydraulic tube. The photoetch ones have a fork like attachment point for the door cover and my references show this so I used it. I will take another picture of the underside to better show it.

_MG_1913b800best.JPG

_MG_1914dc3b900best.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back