1/48 Grumman Avenger TBF-1C - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the model is good if you do not say anything about the book, great great jan

Got this delivered with my 'Shattered Sword' book....

DSC_0642_zpsrct4jtxp.jpg

DSC_0643_zpsqdyjz6bh.jpg

DSC_0644_zpsnwmsgrjj.jpg

Vallejo Cory....
They have two greens for the interior Field Green and Interior Green...
No colour for the turret, Interior or Field Green...
Not too sure about the engine either... :lol:

You know what Jan, go back to the first PTO build and look at both Terry's and my Avengers. That will tell you what to paint what. I'm guessing yours will be a Grumman built aircraft, so I believe you should follow mine. They're British, but that's irrelevant for what colours to paint the interior.

What numbering system did the Avengers use on USS Yorktown in '43, would they still have used the 5-T-? or?

To answer my own question, here 'my' TBF Avenger on USS Yorktown in '43, 5-T-13! 8)

DSC_0653_zps6zjhkzgp.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, it's in Osprey's TBF/TBM Avenger Units of World War 2, page 14....

Greetings gentlemen...

Did a bit of fiddling on the 5-T-13 this morning. I do apologise for the crap pics, as mentioned before, my computer gave up the ghost a couple of months ago, hopefully, hopefully, I'll have a new one soon, then I can download that photo program etc...

DSC_0655_zpsvwhqpc3c.jpg

DSC_0660_zpsfs72s0tt.jpg

DSC_0659_zpskpufkbkw.jpg

DSC_0666_zpskjccrebn.jpg

DSC_0667_zpsvrtokv1h.jpg

DSC_0668_zpsf0vogoox.jpg

I'll bring a crate when it's finally finished ! (should have plenty of time to save up, methinks !).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back