1/48 Grumman S-2E/S-2G Tracker - Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
Username: Aaron Brooks Wolters
Name: Brooks
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer:Kinetic Model Kits
Extras: Are a possibility but not sure just yet.

The individual I go flying with flew the E version when he was in the Navy. And If I can pull this off, I would very much like to present it to him when I am done. May seem kinda corny I know but it's the best I can do for now.

Attachments

• 08 29 12_1447 Grumman Tracker resized 20.jpg
    08 29 12_1447 Grumman Tracker resized 20.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Aaron, and a fine gesture for your friend - I'm sure he'll be surprised, and delighted. Really looking forward to seeing this - and tempted to get one myself.

Thanks guys. I have been looking for quite awhile. Retails for $90.00 and found it at a local hobbyshop for $70.oo. That's as cheap as I've seen it so I scarfed it up.

Aaron really looking forward to this. i did an RAN G in 1:72 scale, it was my second model...a little rough you could say. Matt did a relly nice coppy a bit before me as well. i want to go back and try again soon so i will watch and learn hopefully

We had F models on the Yorktown when I was aboard in '63. And a 48th scale, you Do know what you're in for??? Huge.

Give us some pictures of the sprues. Like to see the detail in the parts. Does it have folding wings? This could keep the finished footprint down. There's gonna be opportunity for plenty of detail. Should be fun.

Thank you guys, Bill, I will try to get some shots of the sprues up sometime soon. My photo hobby has exploded here recently and I am staying way busier than I would like. Finding it hard to get any time for model building.:banghead: And yes, the wings can be done up in the folded position also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back