1/48 Grumman S-2E/S-2G Tracker - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pretty scarce bird Aaron. This is all I got....S-2E VS-38 1972 From Squadron In Action

s-2e vs-38 1972.JPG

Geo

Thank you Geo,I appreciate you effort, but I need to find 63-66. I don't think there's anything out there. I have thought about contacting the Navy and I may. I have searched the IE until I am stir-crazy. I did find a photo of a formation of S-2s with the very bird I'm looking for,(41) but it was from a distance and very poor quality. I am still searching. Any help is much appreciated.

Guess what Aaron???? i was at Albion Park Museum and there is a 2G there with the wings folded........
You need any detail photos????

Aaron, give some ideas which areas you need photos of.
I'm waiting on my acceptance as a volunteer member.
it's about an hour down the road and will take your photos when I next visit.

PM me with which areas you need.

Bill anything in the wing break would be great. Any areas of leaks or excessive weathering to but being as it's in a museum there probably won't be any weathering. The rear of the engine nacelles to and the landing gear wells. I don't know how far I'll be able to take this but would like to do the best I can. Here are the drawings Terry sent me of the craft he flew.

Attachments

• DSC_9804 S2ETracker Terry.JPG
    DSC_9804 S2ETracker Terry.JPG
    878.8 KB · Views: 94
  • VS-38 Patch.gif
    VS-38 Patch.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_9804 S2ETracker Terry resized 30.jpg
    DSC_9804 S2ETracker Terry resized 30.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 94
Aaron, I have a Tracker from the Hornet, wings folded and all...I didn't shoot more than this one photo because it was starting to rain :/

If you want a full sized copy (3008x2000) just holler and I'll drop it in your emailbox

This was taken at the Redding Airshow, 25 September 2011

IMGP20709[720x479].jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much Bill, and there is no rush. I am still searching for the VS-38 markings but not having any luck. Dave, that would be great, thank you sir. I noticed the props in your shot look to be gray with a black patch on the leading edge, I had not noticed this before. Will do some more research to see if this one was the same way. Thank you all again guys, I really appreciate it.:thumbright:

Hey Aaron. I'm out the door heading to camp. I've got a decal sheet for an S-3 with VS-38 markings. The griffin is 32x27mm. If it's adaptable for your S-2, its yours.

001.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pic,

Geo

Hmm I'll check if our local aviation museum still has that bird on display and get picks up if they do :D

That's a later year, 68' if I'm not mistaken. I saw that kit while searching. I may have to purchase it and make the other decals, we'll just have to see. Thank you Bill.:thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back