1/48 Grumman S-2E/S-2G Tracker - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Hugh. I've been working on getting the inner wing sections to fit without filling them and getting the canopy to fit properly. Once I have those pieces done like I want'em I'll post some more photos. Oh, and Mr. Schilson would like to have it with the wings extended, flaps down, and tail hook out like it just hit the deck. This will shorten the build some what.

I've got some exterior shots of the G model at the Museum. Here's thumbnails. If they are of any help, holler and I can post full size, or email them.

****If there are any you want, right click it and when you choose save copy the photo title and send me the list of.

Attachments

• T 60.jpg
    T 60.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 91
  • T 61.jpg
    T 61.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 85
  • T 62.jpg
    T 62.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 102
  • T 63.jpg
    T 63.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 88
  • T 64.jpg
    T 64.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 84
  • T 65.jpg
    T 65.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 88
  • T 66.jpg
    T 66.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 96
  • T 67.jpg
    T 67.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 86
  • T 68.jpg
    T 68.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 91
  • T 69.jpg
    T 69.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 90
  • T 70.jpg
    T 70.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 91
  • T 71.jpg
    T 71.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 89
  • T 72.jpg
    T 72.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 90
  • T 73.jpg
    T 73.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 107
  • T 74.jpg
    T 74.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 91
  • T 75.jpg
    T 75.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 90
  • T 76.jpg
    T 76.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 85
  • T 77.jpg
    T 77.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 93
  • T 78.jpg
    T 78.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 88
  • T 79.jpg
    T 79.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 89
  • T 80.jpg
    T 80.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 90
  • T 81.jpg
    T 81.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 86
  • T 82.jpg
    T 82.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 85
  • T 83.jpg
    T 83.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 94
  • T 84.jpg
    T 84.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 88
  • T 88.jpg
    T 88.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Those are excellent Bill!!!! Thank you sir!:notworthy: Got the canopy installed yesterday, got home today and there it crap all over the inside of it. Looks dry but can't get to it. I may cut a hole in the the fuselage and use a cotton swab on wire to clean it up. Canopies and I just don't go well together.

These will work Bill, Thank you very much!:thumbright: I was hoping to work on it today but spent just about the entire day at the chiropractors office. My back is a case. And not a good one. But we are functioning again so I will be gone this weekend, hopefully get some things done on Monday. And I still have to post some shots of whats done so far.

Here's a couple of shots of what's been going on. I have been trying to clean up the inside of the canopy and have had a little success but I still have not gotten all the crap off the inside glass sections.

Attachments

• IMG_8126 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8126 resized 20.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8128 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8128 resized 20.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 73
Thank you Terry. The canopy sits on a step along the back side I it is sealed down tight. I would do more damage and have to order another canopy so I am cleaning it from inside with a Q-tip on a long piece of with through the hole for the boom radar at the rear. It's a little tricky but I am getting it. Working on the engines and there respective nacelles this morning.

Ah, I understand. Tricky job - I had to do that on a Mosquito BXVI and the Boston's nose transparency. It's a real pain when dust gets attracted by static on the inside. Bit like Jan being attracted by beer ...... can't stop it !!

:lol:
I have been working on the canopy and slowly getting it loose. It's going to take some doing but I think I just may be able to get it loose. I've been off work today with a bad back. It's been uncomfortable. Saw the chiropractor this morning but it's going to take some more visits to work this out.

Hope you get it sorted Aaron - the back, that is!
It's a pity there aren't miniature vacuum cleaners, to reach inside models - would certainly solve a problem !

Been workin' on the engine nacelles. Man. There are more parts and pieces for these two assemblies than there are in the past three models I've built. Just spent an hour looking for a small piece that went shooting across the the oblivions and actually to my surprise..............found it.:headbang: Whoo-whoooooooo. As soon as I can upload photos I will, forum still must be being worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back