1/48 Grumman S-2E/S-2G Tracker - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I purchased a Squadron book on this pile and I am hoping it has the markings in it. Taking a chance but I have spent way to much time looking on the internet to no avail. Should be here in a few days.

I am afraid not Bill. The ones listed for the S-2 were for 1968 and they are different. I may have to use the photo of patch and make the decal myself. Again, I really appreciate all the help you guys have lent me.

Last edited:
Sorry about that Aaron...was in a rush to catch the bus and never read the whole page with your drawings on it. Offer still stands if you want the "VS-38" decals only.

Geo

Last edited:
I have finally had time to start on this little monster and here are some shots of the progress so far. I will let Terry decide as to wether or not the wings will be folded or not. The color chart in the instruction.......well, lets just say Kinetics dropped the ball. I am looking through photos that I can find to get as close as I can. It won't be perfect but it'll be the best I can do.

Attachments

• IMG_7541 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_7541 resized 20.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7543_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_7543_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7762 edited 1 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_7762 edited 1 resized 20.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7765_edited-1resized 20.jpg
    IMG_7765_edited-1resized 20.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 79
Thanks Paul and George. Oh, and George, Mr. Schilson will decide on whether or not the wings are folded. I can do it either way but this one's for him.:) Got a few more parts applied this afternoon. The main door, and the cooling scoops radome equipment. Took a little to get them fit flush but they look the part now. My bulk head went in off kilter and caused the gap in the nose and above the cockpit. One of these days I'll learn to fit and mark for alignment BEFORE I apply the glue.:banghead: Here are some more shots.

Attachments

• IMG_7767 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_7767 resized 20.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7766 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_7766 resized 20.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7768.JPG
    IMG_7768.JPG
    738.5 KB · Views: 107
Ha, Live and learn, old friend. Or, in my case, Commit the same mistake several times until it becomes extremely apparent!
(Sorry, My marital problems probably have no place on this forum!)

No luck on the wing folds Aaron. I've got plenty of photos, but they are far away shots and any attempt to enlarge them result in too much blur. This is from the web and is an S2F-1. Don't know if there are many differences.

aaron.jpg

Geo

Arron, the Tracker at the HARS Museum is a "G" model, the wings are off and I can get you all the photos you want, from anywhere on the aircraft as I think I can crawl all over it!!!!!! It is an Aussie Navy version, but don't think there would be many differences.

I posted photos of the gear wells a while back, have you seen them? Do you need additional shots????

I will be there Friday, working with the De Havilland archives. So I can have something for you on Saturday. Send me a PM with email and it's all yours!

Bill

Good to see you back on this Aaron, and it's looking good so far. Great offer from Bill there too - one of the things I really like about this forum, with all the help freely given, and quickly, too.

Nice to see this one come alive. Geez, if I was doing those wings folded open, I think I'd have an aneurysm.

Thanks for the help and photos Bill, I'll give Terry's arm a wrenching twist to see what happens. (Not you Mr. Fox.:lol: ) And I'll post a shot of the wing innard sections tomorrow when I get home from work at noon so you can see what I have to work with. And thank you Terry!:) :thumbright:

Nice to see this one come alive. Geez, if I was doing those wings folded open, I think I'd have an aneurysm.

Just time consuming Andy. One piece at a time.:lol:

Bill, here's the inner sections of the wings. They're not bad but could use a little more detail.

Attachments

• IMG_7769 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_7769 resized 20.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back