**** DONE: 1/48 Grumman TBM-1C Avenger VMTB-232 – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KoJo

Airman 1st Class
Aug 3, 2012
AZ
Username: KoJo
Name: Kevin
Category: Intermediate
Aircraft: GM / Grumman TBM-1C
Kit: Accurate Miniatures
Scale: 1/48
Accessories: Ultracast early pilot resin seat, Ultracast resin exhaust, True Details resin wheels/tires, Rear fuselage PE parts.

After finding out that the parts I ordered will not be here in time, I am replacing the British Pacific Fleet Avenger with this one.

dscn3680.jpg

Will be doing this model as a part of VMTB-232 the Red Devils Marine Squadron from WWII.

PatchUSMC.232.VMTB232VMF232.v1.jpg

I will be doing the two tone scheme with late insignia as pictured below but not the same particular aircraft, just a different number. (This picture was taken according to records in 1945! And still showing the blue grey over light grey paint scheme!!)
moore_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As posted in my other topic 3 nights of work, will post more pictures later tonight:
8140635326_ddfc053375_b.png

A perfect example of what I have been saying for awhile, American Navy aircraft were not all repainted to specs everytime an order came down, many times frontline necesities precluded conformity. It wasn't a willful disregard of orders, rather, an adaptation of field conditions with the American flair for improvisation.
Thanks for providing an excellent example!

Some fast work Kevin looking good.

Nah, started it on 10/28/12.. Though I did get almost a day of uninterrupted model time, enjoyed it while it lasted. Work was a bit slow so I had to work on something.

Thanks gents! Now hot out of the paint booth I present:
8159812790_b6e4c048ff_b.png

Other parts not pictured were also primered as well. Now I will have to wet sand prior to pre-shade then I can shoot the paint scheme!

Last edited:
Here is a small update, wet sanded, preshaded and bottom color painted:

8160473440_d2ce0ebfbb_b.png

8160475280_7ed40b181f_b.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back