1/48 HB TBM-1 Avenger VT-6 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It happens to the best of us at times.... So until I figure how the heck to fix the finish I will post the Accurate Miniatures version in here.... Still fuming at the momment....

Ouch. I've had dusting before and was able to make it go away with an additional clear topcoat. I'd suggest trying to see if brushing some Future (or equivalent acrylic clear coat) over a small area of the dusting makes it go away. Maybe also a clear lacquer trial. If one of these works, you could then spray a clear topcoat and hopefully make this go away.

Fingers crossed.

If you find one of these to work, I'd also suggest wiping some of the loose dusting off with a damp rag then allowing the surface to fully dry before topcoating. Without pics, it's not possible to tell how bad it is.

Fuselage not to bad, looks like a stain, canopy on the other hand looks like it has a white frame.

Well Andy, may I say thank you, your tip saved this bird from a major crash landing into the bucket of doom!

All white staining gone, looks like it did before the alcohol hit it!! Masked off the canopy and sprayed the fuselage and then sprayed lacquer into a clean bottle and mixed it with thinner and went along and hand painted the canopy frame..

Here is to you Andy :thumbup:\\:D/

Last edited:
Looks like you saved the day Andy, good on you and I happy for you Kojo, would have hated to see all the fine work you have put in just hit the trash can.

If worse came to worse before it would end up in the trash I would be ripping out the engine. Those ignition wire were a big undertaking! But thanks again to Andy!

Canopy masking is my time for nerves.

This is the most horrible part of a build :D its funny, when you go to WW1 models, canopys switch to rigging as the most horrible part :D something always seems to go wron with em :D

Yikes.......... Haven't looked in on your build for a while.. Good recovery. I would have been going in to cardiac arrest if I tried smearing all that color to age the finish.... Can't wait to see the next photo!

No photos yet.. Then again havent had time yet to wrap this bird up. Currently moving stuff around the house which is impeding on build time. Only have the tid bits left like landing gear and the small stuff. Going bonkers right now trying to find my canopy parts for the BPF Avenger... Darn moving stuff from one room to the other has really taken me away from my modelling.

Ok I am working on the last tid bits along with starting the AM TBM-1C just for fun. Forgot how much I love the AM kit, goes by ALOT faster too. Picked up a new airbrush Neo Iwata, first gravity fed. Use my Badger Crescendo all the time but it is syphon fed which makes for more clean up, but hands down excellent brush. Expect some pics soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back