**** DONE: 1/48 TBM-1C Grumman Avenger VC-13 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm resigned to just adding the bombs and moving on Terry. No worries but thanks very much for the offer.

And here they are, ready to assemble into the bomb bay. Should get this one done tomorrow.

121110 Bombs.jpg

Thanks very much guys, I completed the model today with these last few steps.

The antenna, made of invisible nylon sewing thread, wire was attached to the rudder post and mast using CA glue. To install the lead to the radio compartment, I first secured one end to the attachment point on the fuselage. Once the CA had set, I rigged up this contraption to attach the other end to the overhead aerial:

1211111.jpg

I have found this universal vice quite handy at times. It allowed me to turn the model upside down and at the perfect angle to enable the radio lead, weighted down with a piece of plasticine, to rest against the aerial for gluing as shown below.

1211112.jpg

Here is the finished lead:

1211113.jpg

Here's a pic of one of the

1211114.jpg

The attachment points for the bombs were not readily evident and the instructions weren't very helpful but after a bit of tricky dry fitting to check, these were glued into the bomb bay.

1211115.jpg

1211116.jpg

And that's it. Check out the finished thread for a full set of shots of the completed model. Thanks to everyone for your interest and comments and a special thanks to KoJo for the cat insignia and reference material and also to Terry for additional references.

Love the diffrent weathering on this one from the bombs to the aircraft exterior, very nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back