1/48 HB TBM-1C Avenger MkII British Pacific Fleet

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents, now hopefully I can get some time to airbrush the turret so I can glue the fuselage together and then on to paint chipping prepping before I lay down primer and preshading.

ok gents this will be how this project will look for a bit as far as pieces being installed, now its time for masking and airbrushing....

7998042715_eb5d24dd0b_b.png

Last edited:
Good stuff. Just noticed that this same kit has been released under the Academy label (in the 'Bunker Hill' version), at around £17 - quite a saving over the Italeri and original Accurate Miniatures boxings.

Good stuff. Just noticed that this same kit has been released under the Academy label (in the 'Bunker Hill' version), at around £17 - quite a saving over the Italeri and original Accurate Miniatures boxings.

The Academy and Italeri are both reboxing of AM, Italeri is the TBF/TBM-1C as the Academy is the TBM-3. This kit Im working on is the 1/48 Hobby Boss TBF/TBM-1C Avenger which is a scaled down version of the Trumpeter 1/32 kit.

No biggy, alot of poeple thought Hobby Boss copied the AM Avenger in the pre release stage of this model but I will tell you it is a completely different kit, just a scaled down Trumpeter kit. The AM turret is a two piece glass, the HB one. The canopy aft of the pilot is one piece, the HB is three with the option for an open rear cockpit. The HB has a wing fold option, AM does not. The list goes on.. Now since I have built a few AM Avengers I am fortunate to not throw away its spare parts which contained the blister observer windows which is the whammy for HB. Both are fun kits to build. Only down fall of the HB kit is that it is a little more money but for the wing fold option is worth it if you have to have that. Otherwise you will need to scout the web which places like Squadron.com have them on sale every so often.

Thanks lads, but I must say this bird will get a bit ugly before it turns into a beauty.. I look at it and sigh, think how much longer will this horrific look go on. Masking is done and she is just waiting for primer at this point. I dont know why but a primered aircraft looks pretty good but then I have to kick my arse and get the bloody thing pre-shaded, sand the plane down, lay the paint scheme, sand again, gloss clear, apply decals and stencils, gloss again, weather and remove chipping mask, and finally flat coat it... Then install remaining piece and call it done... Tick tock the clock keeps ticking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back