1/48 HB TBM-1C Avenger MkII British Pacific Fleet (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KoJo

Airman 1st Class
Aug 3, 2012
AZ
Subject: General Motors / Grumman TBM Avenger Mk II British Pacific Fleet
Kit: Hobby Boss
Scale:1/48
Accessories: Xtradecals, Eduard PE Interior, Eduard Mask, True Details Resin Wheels, the use of wire and other bits where seen fit.

This will be my first build for this site, but one of many Avengers I have built. This kit will be built as an Avenger under the Fleet Air Arm serving in the South Pacific. Built by General Motors Eastern Aircraft so the interior will be a uniform interior green color. Exterior will feature a paint color as used by GM in the way of Olive Drab replacing the Slate Grey color. All in all this will be close but not perfectly accurate and more to have fun with the build itself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lucky13! Can we get a moderator to change the title from TBF to TBM?

Welcome to your first GB KoJo and what a good machine to start with. Was looking at getting an Avenger myself last week for a future build but decided it could upset the boss if I got another kit.

Excellent choice KoJo! Welcome to the build. You could really mess with people and start calling it a Tarpon.

:-k Very much so... Should have done that to separate myself from the crowd! :lol:

Welcome to your first GB KoJo and what a good machine to start with. Was looking at getting an Avenger myself last week for a future build but decided it could upset the boss if I got another kit.

Ah just sneak it in! Having built both the AM and the HB kits, overall the HB is my favorite.. The HB has more pieces to the kit but it really goes together pretty quick though. Only con of the kit is normal price it can get a little pricey compared to the AM but you can find deals on the kit searching through Amazon or similar websites.. Even Squadron just had the British boxing on sale for about $40 USD which was a steal!!

For those wondering how the HB kit is just stay tuned and you will see! Or if you have built the 1/32 Trumpeter TBF-1C it is pretty much the same kit scaled down to 1/48.

Ok this was the one I just completed in the Euro Campaign.. This is just an example (the one I will use for this GB will be started this weekend) of the kit:

7531090808_f8a7b2b956_b.png

Note protruding gun tubes from wings, not correct has to be cut off and then drill a hole into wing for an internal gun tube.
7563738280_89af199173_b.png

7659164346_1761a9e4b7_b.png

Note observer blisters are not included in the HB kit..
7686094804_42076f44d3_b.png

Another plus to the HB kit is the Wing-fold option which then Eduard has really nice PE parts to bring out nice details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back