1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

luis carlos, very good choice mate!!!!!!
for me the most striking and glad to see the one captured by the Russians

muy buena eleccion compañero para mi el mas llamativo y gustoso de ver el capturado por los rusos

Do you meant the profle?

IMHO the profile isn't correct fully. According to the pics showing her flying there wasn't the yellow spot on the rudder. If there would be the yellow paint it was of the same tone the undersides or the yellow outline of the RAF roundel. The demarcation line between the undersides and side colours should be wavy but not a straight line. This indicates that the undersides were repainted with the yellow paint if it is compared to the pic of the crashed 1H+EN. Also I'm not sure if the entire plane was repainted. Looking at pics in the post #14 it is quite likely there might be only one colour of the initial German camo replaced. Or what is more possible the German camo was renewed with the Brown Earth spots at a coupe of areas only. There can be noticed the overpainted LW crosses at the wing tops and the swastik on the fin.. If the plane would be repaited entirely these weren't noticed rather. An iteresting thing is that there is seen a dark outline around the RAF roundel on the fuselage. It may indicate the ligher colour ( eg. Brown Earth ) was applied on the German camo but after the roundels had been painted in order to cover the German national markings. Additionally please make a focus on the fin flashes... these in pics are of the same strips in the width while the one in the profileis of the later tupe with he white strip being narrow. The profile seems to show the plane at the late stage I mean in about 1942/1943 that can be seen in two images I know. But even though it is the later appearance there wasn't the yellow spot on the rudder for sure. It was the faded Brown Earth colour rather. Also the camo layout was different from the profile one.

What extraordinary information Wojtek and the images are very good taking into account the sharpness (for the time) and the approaches allow to see better the clarifying details.
It is likely that in the different photos you share, you can identify "a process" of how the new colors and RAF roundels were applied to identify the captured aircraft, step by step?
Your last sequence of photos (post # 24) Where photo # 5 is one of the first and # 2 of the last, where you could assume that the tail already has the yellow color that appears in the color image? (post # 22, image # 1)
... Interesting topic to discuss and clarify the doubt that our color image if accurate.

Luis, it seems tha the pics posted in #14 and earlier seems to be taken after the plane had "starred" in the film. If you compare these shots where the overpainted crosses and swastika can be seen with the screenshot of her of the movie with regained LW markings all becomes clear.
I have to leave at the moment and will return in two hours or so. Then I can post a couple of more shots of her I found. But now I have to go. Please wait a little bit for the rest shots.
A note.. I'm almost sure there wasn't the yellow paint on the tail. It was a faded Brown Earth colour.

Thanks Jeff, I've already started collecting images from the cockpit, (I have not been able to start using glue and sandpaper in the kit). They are images that will serve as a reference. Thank you amigo mío.

Just got .back home. To continue...

Here is a pic that is dated on 1941. As you may notice there is no yellow or Dark Earth on the rudder. Instead of that there is a dark spot that fits in shape the later lighter on there. Also there isn't the white RAF serial on the fuselage . Instead of that you may notice someting that looks like the overpaited initail German code letters there. The same can be noticed in front of the roundel. The demarcation line is wavy what means that the undersides were already painted yellow. IMHO the German camo was still on tops but the national markings were replaced and the fin flash added. Not sure but it seems the pic is the earlest shot of her with the RAF markings.

The pic source: Official photograph

Here is the next shot that seems to present the starboard of the bomber. Ther is no the white serial but there is the wavy line at the fuselage bottom. However the plane seems to be repainted if you have a close up at the tail.

the pic source: He111 and Me110 mystery

The next shot is the colour one. IMHO the images shows the plane before it appeared in the movie. The white serial, the large spot of the faded Brown Earth on the fin and rudder..It is a little strange but the roundel looks like there would be la lack of the yellow ring there. But it might have been cause of quality of the shot and movie it was grabbed from. the pic is avialable on the source site ( the link below ) but it is reverted there. I flipped it properly.

the pic source: Heinkel He 111H AW177 Question

And here the next one. You have already posted it yourself. But I would like to pay your attention to the roundel there. Undoubtedly there is a kind of overspraying at the bottom of the RAF roundel. IMHO the pic was taken after the film. The LW crosses were overpainted and roundels + fin flashes applied again. Also the white serial was added.

the pic source: Werk Nr 6853

And this shot is a mystery. Please notice the black serial and the white strip of the fin flash.

the pic source: Pre 1945 Black and White | Captured German Air Force Heinkel He111H-1 AW177

Hola Jeff.
I also agree with you two.
The one captured by the Russians is also the one I liked the most.
However knowing more about the AW177, her history and how colorful its scheme may be, it seems to be gaining my preference.
Thanks to both for their interest shown ... And that the action has not yet started.

Saludos

Great subject Luis and a touch choice to make. Excellent reference photos gentlemen. If you need any addition photos of areas not covered let me know.
Hello George, I know that you are also another great encyclopedia of consultation.
I'm going to take your offer seriously. What you can get from images about the landing gear, we can be gaining time.
Gracias y saludos amigo.

Great stuff.
Note the different exhausts in the later shots posted - slightly strange.
That's true Terry, among the photos up there is difference in the exhausted (something really strange).
I think that the most indicated one is the one that has several exhausted tubes.IMHO.
It will always give me more peace of mind to know that there are several expert eyes to identify and comment on something that a single person can pass or omit.
It is another of the things that enrich the learning and content of our threads.

Gracias Profesor

Users who are viewing this thread